Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
egemen said:
Hello Everyone,

Here is the 4th BETA of CIS 5.8 which addresses some bugs and puts a new option.

What's new in 5.8.209729.2104?

NEW! Enchanced Protection Mode: Defense+ now allows the users to selectively enable/disable new protecton mechanisms
FIXED! CAV crashes on various files when on bad disk sectors
FIXED! Trusted files can not be purged
FIXED! Varirous language related issues

There are many other small fixes in this release.
Enhanced protection mode option was enabled by default in previous BETAs however in this release, we disabled it by default and made available through D+ settings. We will re-enable it by default after some time once we are convinced that it works as expected in 5+ million endpoints at the same time.

What needs to be tested?

The most important features of this BETA are related to HIPS and AV. So the most valuable bugs are the REPRODUCIBLE bugs which are related to system stability issues, compatibility issues, and crashes.

You are more than welcome to test all other features as well. Please if you observe BSODs, give us the memory dumps.

Bug Reports

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-582104792111-rc2-bug-reports-t76691.0.html to report bugs.

Download Location:

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/5.8_bwwhi310/cispremium_installer.exe
Size: 59M ( 61750776 )

Update: We have just updated to the version 5.8.210479.2111 because of a rare issue related to HIPS. Please update your copies if you receive an update notification.

D

Deleted member 178

this is the last release before CIS 5.8 official.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
bitbizket said:
Will the final be v.6.0?
No, built 5.8 will be the no. of this release......We are still a long way from v6:

win7holic said:
I will be wait for FINAL release and test it again.
I'll wait for the final release and then I'll use it as protection :p ...... CIS has to be one the finest pieces of free security software out-there..

We have just updated to the version 5.8.210479.2111 because of a rare issue related to HIPS.

Any idea what that issue was?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I've installed COMODO Internet Security 5.8.210479.2111 RC2 on my system today , and everything is working great , the only small problem that I've encountered is the 20-30 second lag when starting the system...
Defense+ is very quiet , I' ve started around 20 programs and I've got only a alert (In fact 5 alerts but all from one program) generated by BsPlayer.I've submitted a request for this program to be white listed so hopefully we won't see any alerts from bspalyer in the near future. :D

Alerts generated by BsPlayer :

mFPco.png

tvhSg.png

1gWkG.png

9f3U4.png

kTwTv.png

To be noted that I've also disabled the COMODO Message Center...it's too intrusive and it doesn't display info that I might need.
cis_more_preferences1.png

cis_more_preferences_message_center.png

D

Deleted member 178

i disabled it too, but enabled the balloon messages, for you did the updater tray icon appears and did nothing when you click on it?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Version numbers mean nothing unless there have been major improvements/or new features. I don't see the hype for CISv6.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Earth said:
Version numbers mean nothing unless there have been major improvements/or new features. I don't see the hype for CISv6.

There are going to be some major improvements. Such as full virtualization of the automatic sandbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.