COMODO Internet Security 5.9.219747.2195 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
What's New in Version 5.9?
-------------------------------------------
NEW! Seamless Trustconnect integration: CIS now detects unsecured wireless connections and lets you use your trust connect account seamlessly
NEW! Smart Scan: We have introduced one of the smartest quick scans in the world based on COMODO Autorun Analyzer Technology.
IMPROVED!Malware deletion: Some files were not able to be deleted by CIS even after reboot
IMPROVED!We have moved some of the settings in from More->Preferences to their releveant sections in Firewall Settings etc.
IMPROVED!Dragon is included with CIS setup(Optional like GB)
FIXED!CAV causes some applications e.g. Nero to load too late

Download Locations:

COMODO Internet Security Premium - FULL Installer
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe
Size: 82 MB

COMODO Internet Security Premium - Online Installer
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/installer_data/cispremium_installer.exe
Size: 2.4 MB

Automatic Updates:
You can update your exsiting copies using automatic updater or running More->Check For Updates command and following the instructions on the screen.

Read More

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Thanks for this will do a test on it later :)

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
you're welcome.
tests done.
impressed, with a lot of links, and there is no malware on the system or even on the RAM. scan with MBAM and HMP, nothing found.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
When installing it on my VM I keep getting an error message. Anyone else having this issue?

comodob.png

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
I get it. re-install it again, then reboot your VM.
done.
are you ever try download Comodo database through Comodo site?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
win7holic said:
I get it. re-install it again, then reboot your VM.
done.
are you ever try download Comodo database through Comodo site?

No, I just installed it and then updated it through the Comodo program and I get that error.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Downloaded and will try this build .... A little advice , when installing CIS make sure you do a 'Custom Install' and chose which components you want to be installed ... I've deselected Comodo Dragon and GeekBuddy.
[attachment=987] [attachment=988]

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 602
  • 2.png
    2.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 592

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
HeffeD said:
Which VM are you using?

I'm using VMware 7.1.5 and the OS I'm using is Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.

Jack said:
Downloaded and will try this build .... A little advice , when installing CIS make sure you do a 'Custom Install' and chose which components you want to be installed ... I've deselected Comodo Dragon and GeekBuddy.

I did that as well because I was not going to test that and I got that message. Well I got 2 and thought one was the VM saying something so I ignored it and then Comodo would not update.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
McLovin said:
HeffeD said:
Which VM are you using?

I'm using VMware 7.1.5 and the OS I'm using is Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.
Just revert to a previous clean snapshot and try installing CIS again..... I have no problems while running CIS into VMware so it's clearly a problem at your end.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Jack said:
Just revert to a previous clean snapshot and try installing CIS again..... I have no problems while running CIS into VMware so it's clearly a problem at your end.

Yeah, okay. Will try that later. Thanks for the help :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Got that new Trustconnect pop-up :)....... Installed CIS and the Firewall prompted me what kind of network I'm using..... I've selected Public then I've got that alert.....

pktcr.png

IFRsP.png

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Jack said:
Got that new Trustconnect pop-up :)....... Installed CIS and the Firewall prompted me what kind of network I'm using..... I've selected Public then I've got that alert.....

I selected Home for me. Will try Public and see if that could be the problem.

D

Deleted member 178

installed via the updater, everything went smooth. no issues. btw. i have the Trust Connect application installed before this version of CIS. Should i remove it?

nazznazz1

Dec 21, 2011
[split] honestly .. is CIS the Best ?

Well, well…Comodo has reached an all time LOW with their nagging “trust connect” offer in CIS Premium 5.9…It appears that Comodo has stooped to “cyber-bullying”…by cutting my wireless connection !!…..I just re-installed my entire program, and when I tried to apply the software for my wireless connection, I got the trust connect nag screen, …and then when I chose to remain unsecured, my connection was cut repeatedly…. When I finally removed Comodo Internet Security, and opted for the stand-alone firewall, thinking the disconnection would stop, it happened AGAIN..!…..The final solution was to uninstall Comodo ALL THE WAY with Revo Uninstaller….Result: My wireless connection came right on, after uninstalling Comodo….!! Comodo, I loved your products,…but, first it was the Geek feature claiming that we needed it to remove some existing malware, (a LIE concocted by Comodo)…and now this trust connect issue…….at the top price they are asking for Trust Connect,….no wonder they are cutting people’s connections!!!! Again, this is an undeniable ALL TIME LOW for Comodo….SHAME ON YOU, COMODO, SHAME ON YOU…..!!!!!!!!!!

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
RE: honestly .. is CIS the Best ?

nazznazz1 said:
Well, well…Comodo has reached an all time LOW with their nagging “trust connect” offer in CIS Premium 5.9…It appears that Comodo has stooped to “cyber-bullying”…by cutting my wireless connection !!…..I just re-installed my entire program, and when I tried to apply the software for my wireless connection, I got the trust connect nag screen, …and then when I chose to remain unsecured, my connection was cut repeatedly…. When I finally removed Comodo Internet Security, and opted for the stand-alone firewall, thinking the disconnection would stop, it happened AGAIN..!…..The final solution was to uninstall Comodo ALL THE WAY with Revo Uninstaller….Result: My wireless connection came right on, after uninstalling Comodo….!! Comodo, I loved your products,…but, first it was the Geek feature claiming that we needed it to remove some existing malware, (a LIE concocted by Comodo)…and now this trust connect issue…….at the top price they are asking for Trust Connect,….no wonder they are cutting people’s connections!!!! Again, this is an undeniable ALL TIME LOW for Comodo….SHAME ON YOU, COMODO, SHAME ON YOU…..!!!!!!!!!!

I have video for you regarding your problem. add network

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@nazznazz1 The new pop-ups in CIS 5.9 aren't much more than some simple ads....If you choose 'Continue Unsecured' at the TrustConnect alert then it will just close the pop-up, I really really doubt that it will kill your internet connection and I'm saying this after I have been playing with CIS on my system and in VMware....

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.