Comodo Internet Security 5 - A Suite for the Geeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKFlight

May 19, 2011
Please note that it is not recommended to run in training mode for anything other than short periods of time!

I knew what I was doing, and I know the consequences of putting it in learning mode for a long period of time. But it was well worth it. I had my browser sandboxed with Sandboxie so I really had nothing to worry about.

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Comodo is a good suite but it really needs to improve more when it comes to resource usage and Whitelist although both of these factors are acceptable right now.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Another problem that is still present in Comodo is sometimes it causes failed Windows Updates on some systems. I just recently help one of my friends who keep having two Windows Updates fail each time that he tried to install them.

We tried various ways to solve the problem (cleaning out the Windows Update cache folder, repair Windows Update components, install in safe mode, put Comodo in learning mode, etc.) and finally contacted Microsoft about the problem.

Microsoft told us to uninstall all security products, reboot and try to install them again. The only security product on my friend's computer (Win7 32-bit) was CIS, he use both the firewall and AV on default settings.

Once we uninstall Comodo and rebooted the two failed Windows Updates instaled without any problems.

Microsoft said that the major cause of failed updates is security products especially those with HIPS features.

Thanks.:D

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Littlebits said:
Another problem that is still present in Comodo is sometimes it causes failed Windows Updates on some systems.

As with any software development, it's absolutely impossible to be 100% compatible with every system configuration out there, but problems with Windows updates are a very rare occurrence because Microsoft components have been whitelisted since the programs inception.

D

Deleted member 178

right, some problems happens to Mr A which never happen to Mr B even if they have the same config ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.