App Review Comodo Internet Security 6 Final Test-Inside Windows 8 VM(MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012

Good to be back up and running. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I

illumination

Is it just me, or is your processor screaming for mercy through most of this video? ;)
Good job none the less! :)

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
thewolfsmith72 said:
Is it just me, or is your processor screaming for mercy through most of this video? ;)

Glad you liked it. You had me worried for a moment, but it doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary from here.

I

illumination

MalwareDoctor said:
thewolfsmith72 said:

Glad you liked it. You had me worried for a moment, but it doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary from here.

I just happen to notice things like that so couldn't help teasing a little.
Comodo did a great job!

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
thewolfsmith72 said:
I just happen to notice things like that so couldn't help teasing a little.
Comodo did a great job!

Its all cool. I do appreciate you telling me if there is a problem in a video I post. If there is ever a suspected problem in any of my videos, I see it as going above and beyond to let me know about the issue. The sooner I know about a problem, the quicker I can get everything squared away.

Comodo did do a great job, it blocked everything even the stuff that couldn't run to begin with. :D They have some minor things to work out for 6.1(mainly personalization), but they are getting better especially about the user alerts.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
MalwareDoctor said:
They have some minor things to work out for 6.1

and the waited full BB

Hopefully they will finish full development of their Behavior Blocker soon, but they did pretty good without both HIPS and a completed BB. You would think they would have a good reason for releasing the product without it being complete in that sense. How I see it Comodo is moving away from using an intrusion protection system(my guess as to why it is disabled from the factory) and relying more on the Behavior Blocker now and in the future releases as the main component for Defense+. We will have to wait and see how this all pans out.

D

Deleted member 178

MalwareDoctor said:
How I see it Comodo is moving away from using an intrusion protection system(my guess as to why it is disabled from the factory) and relying more on the Behavior Blocker now

In fact it is not disabled as you may do in v5, but just "silenced", it kicks-in only if the BB can't decide.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
MalwareDoctor said:
How I see it Comodo is moving away from using an intrusion protection system(my guess as to why it is disabled from the factory) and relying more on the Behavior Blocker now

In fact it is not disabled as you may do in v5, but just "silenced", it kicks-in only if the BB can't decide.

Only if HIPS are enabled like below right?
2h4wz92.jpg

Below is default after installation. Even when it is unchecked like below will it kick in when the BB can not decide?
6p80ap.jpg

D

Deleted member 178

exactly , read my article there : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-CIS-v6-BB-HIPS

note: if you tick HIPS and keep BB ticked, both are enabled

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
exactly , read my article there : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-CIS-v6-BB-HIPS

Didn't see that article before. Thanks for sharing as it clears up a little confusion.

D

Deleted member 178

yes i was confused at beginning too during the beta, i did some research on their forum to give that needed explanation.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Great video!!! Comodo really impressed me.I havent used it in a long time but I think I will give it a go on my Windows 8 and see how it performs.Thanks for a great unbiased test/review.

D

Deleted member 178

yes except some changes in the UI that long-time users of CIS (like me) don't like, the modules are efficient (still have some flaws in the protection, but will be corrected in v6.1 surely). i wish the Sandbox has more options.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It is definitely worth trying out on Windows 8 especially since right now it is kind of my test OS.Before I move to Windows 8 permanently I like to try different software and combos to see what works best.I am sure the flaws in its protection will be worked out in the new version.Since MalwareDoctor put all that effort into his test/review,I figure why not,it did very well,I liked the features and it's free.

G

Guest28

Have not been able to get anything past it yet even with default settings. But I'll keep trying :)

D

Deleted member 178

MD, your video is on comodo forum now, you should promote MalwareTips in your videos :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
MD, your video is on comodo forum now, you should promote MalwareTips in your videos :p

That is what I do, also on both of my channels.

P

Plexx

Considering MD does videos for his personal reasons and not for this forum as a rule or anything, promoting MT is actually at his option.

@MD, good video:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.