App Review Comodo Internet Security 6 Pre-Beta (languy99)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
since it is windows 8 compatible.....he should have test it out in windows 8 and show how it works out in windows 8....overall it looks great...

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
I think It has lot of potential lets cant wait till I get My hands on it and test it to its core
the way comodo is improving it really going to give everyone a tough competition

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
loveboy_lion said:
I think It has lot of potential lets cant wait till I get My hands on it and test it to its core
the way comodo is improving it really going to give everyone a tough competition
Agreed it surely has potential its looking good lets hope they make it more userfriendly with this version so that we can recommend it to friends ;)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Didn't get the wow factor with this at all.
Have been very much looking forward to seeing more but a bit underwhelmed I am afraid.
Cannot see me upgrading to this version anytime soon :(

P

Plexx

I am sticking to 5.10 for a while since the version 6 seems to have a slightly steep learning curve.

D

Deleted member 178

I really dont like the GUI...anyway, i will RX it , if it satisfies me, i will keep it.

i will look deeper into the BB options.

Kiosk seems a mix of Sandboxie and Shadow Defender (without the reboot) with a virtual keyboard.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
The lack of full virtualization concerns me tho, this was sort of promised 2 years ago :(
Apparently 6.1 will have this, think someone dropped the ball with this ?

P

Plexx

Considering I use Comodo with specific needs, the new version includes some stuff I don't really need so it is ok but how things changed (BB,Sandbox etc), it will surely take me awhile to get used to it.

The UI itself looks decent and user friendly, specially the fact that you can add "shortcuts" of other tasks to it.

In any case everyone will jump at version 6 when public beta releases and then once it goes final, you will get people complain for whatever reason they can think off, while new users will try to embrace version 6.

D

Deleted member 178

NSG001 said:
The lack of full virtualization concerns me tho, this was sort of promised 2 years ago :(

Yes, it is the most attractive feature to me, if it is not implemented on the beta, i will stay with Emsi ISP, and rather use Sandboxie :D

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
NSG001 said:

Yes, it is the most attractive feature to me, if it is not implemented on the beta, i will stay with Emsi ISP, and rather use Sandboxie :D

Great minds think alike :)

when full virtualization is introduced for a free suite i'll grab it :)

D

Deleted member 178

now, i mastering Emsi pack options and behavior quite well, so i dont really need CIS anymore :D

i follow the developers channels (closed betas of Emsi) so i see what are the pros/cons/bugs.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
now, i mastering Emsi pack options and behavior quite well, so i dont really need CIS anymore :D

i follow the developers channels (closed betas of Emsi) so i see what are the pros/cons/bugs.

lol everyone here i guess knew it seeing how you are prasing emsisoft now ;)

D

Deleted member 178

House_maniac said:

yep it become very effective and light (at least on my system), also the developers/mods are quite reactive.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
House_maniac said:

yep it become very effective and light (at least on my system), also the developers/mods are quite reactive.
yes its light but the prob is that they don't integrate their own firewall i prefer using a full suite sorry for being offtopic ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Over-hyped.

I wasn't impressed from the released screenshots. :angel:

NSG001 said:
Didn't get the wow factor with this at all.
Have been very much looking forward to seeing more but a bit underwhelmed I am afraid.
Cannot see me upgrading to this version anytime soon :(

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Being an absolute masochist i sat through this again :)
Maybe languy should have held back until the kinks were ironed out.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.