App Review Comodo Internet Security 6 Pre-Beta (languy99)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
P

Plexx

NSG001 said:
Being an absolute masochist i sat through this again :)
Maybe languy should have held back until the kinks were ironed out.

Considering the pressure over Comodo forums as you know, posting a preview was good enough to keep the "noise level" down for a bit.

D

Deleted member 178

Biozfear said:
Considering the pressure over Comodo forums as you know, posting a preview was good enough to keep the "noise level" down for a bit.

but it was funny to see how biased some comments are, like after one some screenshots some people can say "it will crush all vendors" :lolz: ^^

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Not sure About Crushing Other Vendors But I am Pretty Much Sure Its Going to Give Them A tough Competition

And Since Its a Pre Beta Something or the other May Change or improve When It comes out as Beta And with users Feedback It will Be a Strong Product overall

If I ever had to choose a product out of all Paid and free then It would sure Be Comodo Its Always Been Listening To its Users
And For Me Personally I also Had An opportunity and Privilege to have Support from EGEMEN the Main Developer for almost 15 Days (the Experience really made me a FAN of COMODO) and HE always was open For IDEAS and User Experience
So what ever the Comodo Has To Offer I am sure In for it

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Earth said:
Unless it's the web scanner.

Yes I too wonder About That Since MELIH (CEO) had said That they were Going To integrate COMODO Site Inspector in realtime Not sure why its Still not possible though
But Since CIS offers DNS protection while Setup they Almost make up some of the loss which is caused due to not having a web Scanner
thanks

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Yes, there are bugs and some things don't work. It's a pre-beta guys. Call that alpha if you want. At any rate, it's not ready for a beta release yet.

Why was the video released in this state? It's a sneak peek because people wanted to see it.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
HeffeD said:
Yes, there are bugs and some things don't work. It's a pre-beta guys. Call that alpha if you want. At any rate, it's not ready for a beta release yet.

Why was the video released in this state? It's a sneak peek because people wanted to see it.

If I am Not mistaken You also have a pre-beta version being a Comodo Moderator what are your personal thoughts about it

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
loveboy_lion said:
If I am Not mistaken You also have a pre-beta version being a Comodo Moderator what are your personal thoughts about it

I am still trying to wrap my head around the way it works.

The auto-sandbox is now incorporated with the BB, HIPS is disabled by default but it still jumps into action when an unknown file is accessed, etc...

Some features are neat, but some features I was looking forward to testing aren't available yet.

At the moment, there is just so much to process, that I'm honestly having a tough time even trying to develop an opinion about it.

Yes, I know that sounds odd... :blush:

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Don't worry about it though. The idea is that it's the most usable CIS yet. Something you could give to your grandma do use. You don't need to understand its inner-workings to just use it.

The moderators though, should understand the way it works, in order to help answer user's questions about it.

D

Deleted member 178

It is a beta, so don't do too much brainworkings ^^

I remember when CFW became CIS, we had to be patient until it was released properly.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
@HeffeD

Thanks for your commentary, as you say early days yet.
Look forward to hearing more over the coming weeks/month :)
Keep us all posted please.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.