App Review Comodo Internet Security 6 vs unknown malwares

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

spywar

Level 11
Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
Comodo Internet Security 6 vs 55 undetected samples
(default settings)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Great test!! Hmmm ..Avast was doing a lot better in your previous tests. I expected CIS to perform about the same.

spywar

Level 11
Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
Nikos751 said:
Great test!! Hmmm ..Avast was doing a lot better in your previous tests. I expected CIS to perform about the same.
They are both different, their sandbox are not the same at all ... In Comodo the behavior analysis of the files is done in the cloud (CAMAS) while avast! uses its Dyna: rules to detect malware inside autosandbox so it does analyse the file in the user's PC. And that's not the only difference between these 2 ..

spywar

Level 11
Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
Comodo Internet Security 6 vs 16 undetected samples

(Autosandbox set to Restricted)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Comodo is not very good at all as many users say or Avast is a superb product. Or something goes wrong with the samples, a fact that does not make any sense according to you and others.

Zurchiboy

Verified
Apr 10, 2013
In the comodo forums, some of the moderators say that comodo does not work well in virtual Box for some reason.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Zurchiboy said:
In the comodo forums, some of the moderators say that comodo does not work well in virtual Box for some reason.

Is it explained further? Could you tell us more or post the related link here?

spywar

Level 11
Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
Zurchiboy said:
Give us a link please, but still it seems that there is a bug with Restricted mode on Windows XP.

D

Deleted member 178

Zurchiboy said:

this problem was known since CIS v5, i don't know if they corrected it.

D

Deleted member 178

seems nothing changed yet ^^

it is why when testing malwares vs an antivirus, a real system is preferred.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I know one thing: I sure see IKARUS finding a lot of leftovers when HitMan Pro runs after a lot of these video reviews. IKARUS must have pretty nice stuff. Emsisoft engine is doing well too.

D

Deleted member 178

Ikarus is quite strong but has lot of FPs (reason why Emsi shifted to BD engine)

spywar

Level 11
Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
seems nothing changed yet ^^

it is why when testing malwares vs an antivirus, a real system is preferred.
That's what I was doing with avast! :D
But your statement is right, a real PC is the best way to test an AV.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

That is disturbing when considering most of what we see tested is on VM's. Seriously.
I have Comodo tweaked a bit on one of my PC's. I surely hope this last test was not an accurate portrayal.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
DrBeenGolfing said:
Translation, "Oh look, a squirrel!"
It's called deflection.

How is it deflection? :huh:

Is it really deflection to state that you shouldn't be testing CIS on VirtualBox because VB doesn't allow the software to do all of the things it needs to do to keep your system safe?

If you want to test CIS using a VM, use VMWare.

Umbra Corp. said:
this problem was known since CIS v5, i don't know if they corrected it.

And before that... It's not something that Comodo can fix. It's a VB problem.

spywar

Level 11
Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
Gnosis said:

That is disturbing when considering most of what we see tested is on VM's. Seriously.
I have Comodo tweaked a bit on one of my PC's. I surely hope this last test was not an accurate portrayal.
I would be really glad to test CIS just like I have done with avast! on my real PC but right now it's just not even possible...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.