• • Nice and Easy Interface

• Low Ram Usage

• Light on System

• Good Web Blocking

• Good Zero Day Protection
CONS
• Not the Hottest Detection Rate on 118 Files
BOTTOM LINE
According to my testing’s, Comodo has done a very good job. I like the new interface, especially that I changed it to a “Modern Theme.” It seemed to protect me very well. The only thing I would like for them to improve is detection rate. I Recommend Comodo to users who want to be protected and want a FREE security suite.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
There is a big difference between an advanced user and a lazy user. Also a big difference from those that know, and think they know.

An advanced user will make sure everything is patched on their system, not just windows operating system, but all programs as well. They would also use complete common sense in how they interact with those programs and the internet, as well as others on the internet.

I truly hope you are the only person on your network, and that others are not vulnerable from your perspective.
no i am not the only one

at home and at work I disabled the auto update in old pc's coz once it turned on it kill the pc. what's the point of running auto update if the user can't
however in normal pc with duel core andon no problem keeping auto update from runing.

as for my personal pc i will keep updating once a month or so, and i don't have java install so no problem

I think that a lot of people are paranoid with security stuff it is a good idea to have some knowledge but not to be seek

I

illumination

no i am not the only one

at home and at work I disabled the auto update in old pc's coz once it turned on it kill the pc. what's the point of running auto update if the user can't
however in normal pc with duel core andon no problem keeping auto update from runing.

as for my personal pc i will keep updating once a month or so, and i don't have java install so no problem

I think that a lot of people are paranoid with security stuff it is a good idea to have some knowledge but not to be seek

There is a big difference about being paranoid, and being sensible.. Mentioning that you were going 6 months at a time without patching is not sensible. No one has mentioned whether you should have auto updates, or do them manually. Either way is not a big deal as long as the system gets patched on a timely manner.

You are running an older system i presume because you can not afford a new one correct? Why would you tempt fate with your security, chancing something crashing the system beyond a point of no return. It only takes one time, and the game is over.

Not to mention today's malware focuses mainly on stealing data, why would you put yourself and others at risk of having this transpire.

This is the last i will mention on this topic/thread, as it is your system and you are going to run it however you see fit, i only mentioned these things so others reading this thread do not begin to believe they would be safe patching their systems only once or twice a year if ever, as it is just the opposite.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OK. I see no point in trying to convince you to update your OS, but I have another (partial) solution.

Have you looked at Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit?

It's still in beta testing, so I recommend waiting for the final release, because I don't want you to run the risk of using the beta version for the next 5 years. :)
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.