cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Mike- I’ve been running Comodo Firewall pretty much since it was released (primarily in a sacrificial box but also in VMware) and haven’t experienced anything similar. Post run fault analysis obviously entails inspection of the hidden VTRoot directory where every time the malware can be seen happily playing in virtual oblivion. For the Beta works as it should..

I’m wondering if what you are seeing is due to the installation of the Antivirus. As mentioned above I only care to use the Firewall, seeing no need for a local Comodo AV, as with both the Cloud and Sandbox enabled this would really add little (except a possible bug?).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Doesn't Comodo not fully function in a VM environment, or was the case with previous versions only?

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Both versions 7 and the current version 8 beta build of Comodo Firewall are perfectly happy running in a VM.

Reactions: yigido and Av Gurus

MAC-11

Apr 13, 2014
I don't know if someone already figured this out, but it's a simple rule issue. I don't know if COMODO knows about it, but where the threat originates from is the main issue here. In the Auto-Sandbox settings the first Run Virtually rule in the edit window under the "Origin" category change it from Internet to Any. This will fix the issue of malware from within the PC being executed. Watch my video for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.