Comodo Internet Security Free vs Windows Defender

• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Hello, I was thinking of switching from Windows Defender to Comodo Internet Security Free, what is your opinion on both of them?

Which is better when it comes to the following:
  • Resource Usage (eg: CPU, RAM)
  • Real World System Impact
  • User Friendliness
  • User Interface
  • Level of Protection and Features (eg: Antivirus , Firewall, Behaviour Blocker)
  • Overall Winner

Thank you in advance :)

Regards,
Anti-Malware Reviewer
AMR

Rajat

Level 2
Verified
Oct 20, 2015
Comodo with HIPS enabled(clean PC mode or training mode for a week or two) offers great Protection. I'm using it & never have been so satisfied with a free Product. Comodo's signature's are not that great so i use Portable scanners like EEK, Norton Power Eraser, Zemana to scan my PC every week.

mostafa96

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 2, 2015
Comodo with HIPS enabled(clean PC mode or training mode for a week or two) offers great Protection. I'm using it & never have been so satisfied with a free Product. Comodo's signature's are not that great so i use Portable scanners like EEK, Norton Power Eraser, Zemana to scan my PC every week.

Also has many false positive

Rajat

Level 2
Verified
Oct 20, 2015
Also has many false positive
You may get unneeded notifications with HIPS enabled but you can just go on & black list all your Trusted Applications. For me False Positives are not a big Problem. Whenever comodo detects any of my file as virus i just add it on to exclusion & run it in the Sandbox. So my system remains unaffected :)

I

illumination

Thread author
This is like asking what is faster, a bicycle or a dodge charger :eek:

As Umbra stated and exterminator reinforced, you can not compare an anti virus against a whole suite. That said, if your looking to keep your system light and gain the most protection, then CIS is a good choice.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Cis has more options in terms of protection. In terms of scan capabilities they are nearly equal however removal I lean towards wd. If you want yo compare its firewall counterpart then you need to add windows firewall into the mix.
In terms of lightness wd.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hmm... why do we need to compare this and we can state the obvious part, first of all there's a difference in terms of performance and other reliability of third party and not.

Reactions: CMLew
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.