Comodo Internet Security Premium 10 breaks Miracast

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosNL

Thread author
Sep 9, 2017
Hello, I have a problem with my Windows 10 notebook which has Miracast (wireless screen cast) functionality. Already during the installation of Comodo Internet Security Premium 10 the wireless screen projecting stops functioning (I guess because Comodo Firewall installs some new driver or something like that?). After I completed the (default) install of CIS 10.0.1.6294 I disabled all functions including the Comodo Firewall and tried to start the Miracast connection again. It mostly connects but the wireless connection is very, very unstable while that was not the case before installing CIS. So, I assume that the default CIS installation changes something in my computer/network configuration which breaks Miracast but I have no idea what it is and if so how to reverse it.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Hello, I have a problem with my Windows 10 notebook which has Miracast (wireless screen cast) functionality. Already during the installation of Comodo Internet Security Premium 10 the wireless screen projecting stops functioning (I guess because Comodo Firewall installs some new driver or something like that?). After I completed the (default) install of CIS 10.0.1.6294 I disabled all functions including the Comodo Firewall and tried to start the Miracast connection again. It mostly connects but the wireless connection is very, very unstable while that was not the case before installing CIS. So, I assume that the default CIS installation changes something in my computer/network configuration which breaks Miracast but I have no idea what it is and if so how to reverse it.
Suggest you submit a bug report here:
Bug Reports - CIS

Whether Comodo will actually fix the bug is another question entirely.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Make sure you disable Website filtering. It causes probs.

Reactions: brambedkar59

Fuzzfas

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 8, 2013
History has unfortunately shown, that the best Comodo versions to use, are the ones at the end of each branch. This said, after getting sick of the last v8 adding ADS streams to all my files, i use Comodo V8 only as firewall. When V10 will be at its end, i will try Comodo again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.