Battle Comodo Internet Security vs Emsisoft Internet Security Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

i got the same for WIn8 apps but not for task manager. anyway each system is unique, what happened to you may never happen to me ;)

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
illumination said:
I took EIS for a test drive on my windows 8 for the first time a couple days ago, as the firewall module was installing, right before it restarts, i looked a programs that it was not sure of, the list was quite long, and most of them were windows 8..

Upon rebooting, everything went smooth, until i started opening things like task manager, control panel, create a restore point, ect, firewall flagged each asking for permission.. Windows 8 apps, i opened the app store, right off it was flagged, this is fun, when the app is full screen and the firewall pop up is on the desktop.. You have to close out each app go to the desktop to allow them, then reopen..

Now do get me wrong, i have a love for EIS just like Comodo, but found this behavior rather redundant, these are all applications that should be in some sort of white list, common applications that run on all of windows 8 machines..

I also tried Comodo on this same machine, testing, install was smooth, i had one pop up for a Sony background service it did not recognize, and this was it..

Now considering i do know what im doing, running EIS was easy to correct the problems, but for semi advanced to novice users, they would have had a lot of issues.. Most would have been frustrated to the point of uninstalling..

I should also mention my windows 8 is on a laptop, after getting the firewall trained and quieted down, only other issue "which is big for me" is the fact the EIS drained my battery on my laptop like it was going out of style..

So when it comes down to someone asking between CIS or EIS, right now i would suggest CIS just because of this...

True. that's why I said it has a very big amount of pop-ups.
I was installing Autodesk 3DMax while installing every single file that was copying to my computer it blocks it until i allow it. THAT'S EXTREMELY ANNOYING AS %@#$.

I had to shutdown the protection to install any program. LOL

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You could have chosen the setup file as an installer, I believe Comodo has this option.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
On Windows 8.1 Pro Operating System. I have Emsisoft Anti-malware without their Online Armor Firewall. I install Comodo Firewall with Emsisoft. And I could see a slow down with the pc system. So, I uninstall it completely! Comodo Firewall. At this point in time, I do not feel it is necessary!
Also, with Malware Security Test's Emsisoft Anti-malware score really well compare most other security software! Maybe, down the road I will try Comodo!:eek: This is my opinion..
Run very smooth with out any pop ups!

Last edited:

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
For me, its Emsisoft Internet Security Pack. Got 2x(EAM+OA) licenses. Using 1x(EAM+OA) on a laptop and keeping the other so that I can use it when the current license expires.

Its true, EIS throws in too many notifications at times. But I guess I'm ok with that. Protection matters.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
have to say was never a fan of comodo but I must say you really don't know its there its been way less annoying with this version. and i feel no slowdown at all.....

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I'm VM I Don't see emsisoft security network (bb) to respond to every unknown sample. Maybe it's a virtualization issue.
If it is like in VM, Comodo for protection and EIS for less fp troubles.

D

Deleted member 178

Do you mean Comodo Internet Security free or CIS Pro (paid version)? Which one do you want to compare?

nothing different between both , the Pro version just give more support, and a "incident insurance" (in case CIS failed to protect you)

Reactions: toffee

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
A little slow in changing but coming on strong Emsisoft.
Let see what happen with Emsisoft shortly with the new
version. ;). Umbra Polaris has been testing! Both have
pro's and con's....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.