Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I have used microsoft security essentials(defender) as far i can remember, have tried avast! and kaspersky a few times and they always got removed and placed by MSE.

Last time i was infected and possibly keylogged was in 2010, after that i havent found anything suspicious from my computers i have used

For few months i have been using comodo internet security, its very lightweight only downside is full scan takes around 25 minutes and i find myself paranoid and scan everyday because of ocd ( really. )

I have heard people talking about forticlient on other computing forum and im thinking what would forticlient do better than comodo does?

I have amd fx-6300, with gtx 970 and 8gb ram with hdd.

I only read news, do gaming, youtube the usual and pay bills once a month. I dont use credit card to buy anything online. If i would get infected i probably would just clean install windows instead of removing (trying to remove) malware

Im also finding comodos DNS faster than my ISP dns, i'm using mobile 4g modem and im using comodo stealth ports but as the ip address changes ''SHIELDSUP'' shows ports either closed or stealth im bit unsure should i stay with cruelsisters cf settings, switch to forticlient or use windows firewall.

Im sure forticlient have faster scan times atleast?

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
@Gandalf_The_Grey its old post, i have changed my conf tons of times but latest is always in the pc conf

Also im finding cf + forticlient fits well together

Forticlient probably one of the lightest avs

Only thing im curious about forticlient, how often signatures are updated?
fortisig.png

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
6.0 is a major upgrade with new interface and other goodies. 6.01 is out now, which was some bug fixes. 6.1 is due very soon. If you don't have it set to update in settings it will ignore all program updates. There are plenty of reasons why I would go to 6.01, the new interface, better logging, and some under the hood changes are worth it.

FortiClient runs about every other month on releases. So the next one is due in September as the last one was July 23'rd. (6.01)

thanks! :cool:

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
@Gandalf_The_Grey its old post, i have changed my conf tons of times but latest is always in the pc conf

Also im finding cf + forticlient fits well together

Forticlient probably one of the lightest avs

Only thing im curious about forticlient, how often signatures are updated?View attachment 196676
They have just issued a db update.
I was also a bit worry about that, but Fortinet also checks on cloud

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.