Advice Request Comodo IS v11 bugged?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
By default I believe it is bugged but I believe I found a different one.

I bought this new laptop and I decided to go with Comodo IS because this is a lower end machine so just using comodo would free up some RAM because I wouldn't have to layer programs. Problem is, The sandbox and the HIPS wouldn't work correctly after a restart. To test them I decided to write a simple shutdown batch file that I use to test all instances of comodo I have installed on machines. Before restart I would run said file and HIPS would notify of execution then the file would be sandboxed.

After restart HIPS would no notify and would not sandbox and computer would shutdown. The file was not in the trusted file list either so it should have been stopped by HIPS
Seeing if maybe this was another bug I wrote another batch file and tried it and same thing happened. Allowed right through.

I tried 2 fresh installs of comodo and same thing happened.
Anyone else ran into this bug? or have any idea what may have been causing it?

No other security softs were installed.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
For me its working fine. The files i submit as unrecognized gets trusted pretty fast

I just tested CIS with simple eicar testfile...so i think i dont have any problems there right now

If you dont get single pop-up/ alert with the tests you run, there probably is something wrong, but atleast for me its working well

It really doesnt surprise me at all if theres problems going on :unsure:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
By default I believe it is bugged but I believe I found a different one.

I bought this new laptop and I decided to go with Comodo IS because this is a lower end machine so just using comodo would free up some RAM because I wouldn't have to layer programs. Problem is, The sandbox and the HIPS wouldn't work correctly after a restart. To test them I decided to write a simple shutdown batch file that I use to test all instances of comodo I have installed on machines. Before restart I would run said file and HIPS would notify of execution then the file would be sandboxed.

After restart HIPS would no notify and would not sandbox and computer would shutdown. The file was not in the trusted file list either so it should have been stopped by HIPS
Seeing if maybe this was another bug I wrote another batch file and tried it and same thing happened. Allowed right through.

I tried 2 fresh installs of comodo and same thing happened.
Anyone else ran into this bug? or have any idea what may have been causing it?

No other security softs were installed.
Try switching to proactive mode, if you want Comodo to protect properly. The default IS mode is too weak, and the Firewall mode is better but meh. Proactive mode is the way to go, and also, you can tweak the embedded code detection in the advanced settings, if you want.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Try switching to proactive mode, if you want Comodo to protect properly. The default IS mode is too weak, and the Firewall mode is better but meh. Proactive mode is the way to go, and also, you can tweak the embedded code detection in the advanced settings, if you want.

Forgot to mention I did switch it into proactive. all this happened in proactive mode.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Forgot to mention I did switch it into proactive. all this happened in proactive mode.
So it sounds like you know what you are doing.
As you already know, Comodo is King of the Bugs. Some people are lucky, and it just works for them. Others are not so lucky...

noob guy

Level 1
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
How about trying Comodo 10 first? Particularly the last version just before Comodo 11. Installed it for a friend with an old laptop, with windows 7, and used only CS settings. Worked fine and laptop was fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.