App Review Comodo IS v5.8 final

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
by Languy

he used the same malwares than the EAM test he did earlier. ( http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Emsisoft-AM-v6-Final ) so you can compare the results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8oGJ0UrwkP8#t=1148s - A demo on how powerful CIS is...
One thing that they need really to implement is a proper way to clean the sandbox....Restarting is totality unprofessional..
I'm using CIS 5.8 as protection , and I must that this is a great product ... light on the resources and COMODO really improved their whitelist..... The only module that could use some work is the antivirus component.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Jack said:
One thing that they need really to implement is a proper way to clean the sandbox....Restarting is totality unprofessional..

Hopefully 6.0 will have more sandbox usability improvements.

Jack said:
light on the resources

You should be even happier with the 5.8 final. ;)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Jack said:

yep i agree, that's why. all my test AV's,and i never reboot VM.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
I've been using 5.8 beta since the day one.. this got to be the longest time for a beta that i've try out so far.
They seems to learn something from their mistakes is not to rush things up to the final.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
It hasn't seemed overly long in beta to me, but there have been a lot of changes made during the course of the beta. (most importantly, improving 64bit security)

Even between RC2 and the final, performance tweaks have been made and it definitely shows. :)

RAM usage hasn't changed drastically on my machine, (currently ticking over at just over 11MB for cmdagent.exe and cfp.exe) but overall system performance is improved. Even though I've never really felt that CIS affected my systems responsiveness much, I can see a difference.

AV scans will still hammer your systems resources. Hopefully an option to reduce thread priority, or a system idle option will be added. That might be something we'll need to wait for 6.0 for. (or cross our fingers for an addition in 5.9)

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
I'm very satisfied with this latest offering. Both cmdagent.exe and cfp.exe cpu usage seems to be stable now.
It doesn't matter with the ram usage for modern machine nowdays..
I don't know why people always compare system responsiveness with a higher memory resource.
I have to agree with the AV scans though.. the AV is just pretty basic, might put off some of the technical user.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
bitbizket said:
I don't know why people always compare system responsiveness with a higher memory resource.

I'm not comparing the two.

I was saying that between the RC2 and final, I'm not seeing much difference in RAM usage, but I'm seeing better system responsiveness.

Although even on modern systems with several GB's of RAM installed, high memory usage does indeed impact system performance. It will not be felt as much as a low memory system that is having to do a lot of memory management, but it does have an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.