-Overall Features?
-Detection?
-Removal?
-HIPS?
-BB?
-Online Banking?
-RAM Usage?
-CPU Usage
-Etc (anything else you may want to add)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Which is the better, in terms of:
-Overall Features = CIS
-Detection = CIS
-Removal = F-secure
-HIPS = CIS
-BB = CIS
-Online Banking F-Secure IS
-RAM Usage = CIS
-CPU Usage = CIS

This is based on what information gathered by users and an advance user is really benefit for Comodo Internet Security as many configuration to tweak on for maximum protection.

For novice user, it could be supervised on using CIS and HIPS is deactivated by default so BB would took care of it.

FIS a matter a fine suite with decent protection, their deepguard is one of the HIPS component and gave detailed information when suspicious file detected.

I assume CPU and RAM are in favor of CIS since its just matter of two processes added + capable for stability.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Comodo Internet Security 6 now runs 3 or more processes. But if you add the use of the Virtual Kiosk, add a couple more, and if you use KillSwitch to monitor processes, you could have up to several processes.

jamescv7 said:
I assume CPU and RAM are in favor of CIS since its just matter of two processes added + capable for stability.

I choose neither.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Very light on my system,and excellent detection capabilities!
Currently in use on my i7 laptop.

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
-Overall Features: F-secure
-Detection: F-secure (Dual engine.. 1.Bitdefender and own)
-Removal : F-secure
-HIPS : F-secure
-BB : F-secure
-Online Banking: F-secure(bcz of deepguard)
-RAM Usage: F-secure/CIS
-CPU Usage: F-secure

CIS is never compect with F-Secure...: F-secure is much better then Comodo.. who select comodo i think they never try F-secure Internet security 2013..!!! :p

Most Stable and no buggy Av still...!! :)

TheErzengel

Level 2
Verified
Dec 21, 2012
-Overall Features? CIS
-Detection? F-Secure
-Removal? F-Secure
-HIPS? CIS
-BB? F-Secure
-Online Banking? F-Secure
-RAM Usage? CIS
-CPU Usage? CIS

F-Secure > CIS

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
F-Secure is pretty tight, no doubt about it, but CIS offers a solid free suite with BB, HIPS, and virtualization. Those features plus the fact that CIS has a good reputation make me lean toward CIS. Don't get me wrong though, I think F-Secure's efforts and results are to be commended, and not taken lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.