Advice Request comodo killswitch connection anomaly or normal?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I'm having a minor connection issue with vpn so I'm looking more closely at network. win7x64 cf_v10.2.0.6526@csconfig
I'm seeing when killswitch is running, it is always online with at least 2 connections

TCP 178.255.82.5 80 Established
TCP 104.16.60.31 80 Established

is this normal?
I don't exactly recall that from the past, but maybe it was. Looks like the ip are for
download.comodo.com
cloudflare

the other day I had cf open and asked it to check for updates and I got
X download websites database | error
status unspecified error.

wonder if that in any way related to ks being constantly online trying to download??
it seems that if I disconnect my vpn then I do not get this update error. /thanks

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
The killswitch connection always will occur- Remember that Killswitch will look for Unknown (Unutrusted) processes running, and will upload these to Comodo to see if they are malicious.

And the database download error does happen from time to time (usually only in my VM).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.