• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Comodo One Home Edition 1.0 Beta Release - Comodo Mobile Security - CMS

Comodo One Home Edition Beta is released on Wednesday, January 13, 2016. This announcement contains practical information about the release and follow-up features that will be made available.

Please use this link to access https://he.one.comodo.com

Comodo One Home Edition is a consumer based product which controls all mobile and desktop devices on a single portal. The aim of this product is monitoring and controlling all devices in a single point. Easy to use, modern UI and management of devices are main concern of this product.

Product Main Features
  • Device management
  • Parental Control
  • Safe Zone
  • Track Time Across Devices

Product Notes
  • Portal available for everyone.
  • Supported platforms Android, Windows, MacOS.
  • User able to get platform application from Portal/Add Device User Story.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I asked a question about it last year, Question - Would Comodo Device Manager and One services be effective on home computers?. I assume the answer is now Yes.

However, I don't like these types of services. For example, AVG Zen, Avira Account, Norton, Kaspersky, ESET all have these Web portals to connected computers.

Why?
Not every device will be using protection from the same vendor, unless you have bought a family pack / bundle. Also Google, Microsoft and Apple have their own Anti-Theft services, for their devices/OS.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I don't really see the point in centralized device management for home users.
Even for geeks, this is rather impractical in the long run.

Reactions: frogboy and Moose

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Are the inbuilt anti-theft services in Android, etc... strong & effective?
Yup, they are more than powerful to suit every user's needs.

3rd party ones add extra features, that might or might not enhance the security measures behind the Anti-Theft components, but not to a radical degree.

Reactions: Moose
H

hjlbx

Thread author
I don't really see the point in centralized device management for home users.
Even for geeks, this is rather impractical in the long run.

It's intended for parents to get a hard grip on their unruly kids and their online mayhem... :eek:

Also, convenience is another big selling factor. You know, put all the family members on the same protection plan - and all such nonsense.

Some even have the ability to disable a device.

Still, kids are more resourceful than just about anything... so won't do anything except give parents false sense of security. :D

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its like they just join the flow of trends, where the features are worth convincing to some users but majority are unnecessary.

This category is something to be ups and downs because its design to be centralized however many prefer as separated components.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.