Status
Not open for further replies.

mohitpatel09

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Comodo Programs Manager

How to save your disk space and time with just a click?

Comodo Programs Manager (CPM) is a powerful utility that gives you the ability to completely remove unwanted components from your computer. Normal uninstallers can often leave behind a slew of unwanted files, folders, settings and registry keys on your system. The more programs you install and uninstall, the more clutter gets left behind.

CPM is capable of purging all traces of an application from your computer. It's monitoring functionality keeps track of the changes that are made during the installation and usage of a program. When you uninstall using CPM, it's as though the software was never there in the first place.

CPM also creates a backup of the files, folders, data and registry entries when a program is uninstalled – allowing you to easily restore any program you uninstalled by mistake.

5 Secrets about Comodo Programs Manager

Monitors and records every change so it can be totally undone at uninstallation

On-access scanner alerts you if a setup file contains a virus, worm or Trojans

Allow you to easily manage programs, drivers and Windows features

Allow you to easily manage programs, drivers and Windows features

Includes free 30 day trial for LivePCSupport

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP/Vista/7/Server 2003/Server2008 – 32 bit and 64 bit

Features:

Comprehensive and Complete – CPM monitors and records even the smallest, most intricate changes that a program makes to your system and totally undoes them when you choose to uninstall

Designed around functionality – Sleek and intuitive interface allows users to quickly accomplish common tasks

No learning curve – Simple setup and clearly designed menus means users of any skill level will be at home with CPM within minutes

Custom installer Packages – Create self-extracting packages of any software along with the settings you specified for it. You can then reinstall the program, with the same configuration on any other computer with the same operating system

Removes partial uninstalls – CPM's robust uninstaller detects and removes failed and partially uninstalled applications

Automatic Backup – Uninstalled an application by mistake? No problem. A backup is automatically created so you can easily restore it with the same settings as before

Built in scanner – On access virus scanner warns you if you are about to install malware

See the video:

Download Comodo Programs Manager HERE

Hit KUDOS for Thanks.
Hope everyone likes this program.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Looks not-made-for-me softwares (lame for me)

Sorry but...I ain't gonna use it,it just made me yawn when I saw its GUI.

N

Nige_40

It has not changed that much, I had the beta version a couple of years ago,it kind of looks good.

But I'm happy to stick to what I'm using. I.E. Secunia :) I know that only updated software etc, and windows programs
For my Removes partial uninstalls like the Video says I use PrivaZer, and that clears all that out.

But good Video never the less. :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I downloaded it and will give a try.I use iobit uninstller presently.I like some of the features and will take it for a test run.Thanks for the contribution :)

I

illumination

It is a good program, but has not been worked on/updated for awhile. There are many people in the Comodo Forum that would love to see this picked back up and continued to be developed.

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
I installed Comodo Programs Manager quite some time ago. But as illumination says "has not been worked on/updated for awhile"
I like some of the additional functions like any locked files are automatically removed at next Windows restart
& every time a setup is started it is checked for malware using their cloud technology.

Very easy to use no matter what your user experience is [beginner thru to advanced]
The 5 secrets about CPM are the main reasons that I first installed this program to test.
You get quite a few useful features rolled up into one program for FREE!!!!

It costs you nothing, just a small 10.8 MB of your data and a few minutes of your time to download it and take it for a spin to see if it suits your needs

Edit: File version has not changed in just over 12 months

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
really good piece of software but it hasn't been developed for a while.....not any progress in beta version....current version/beta version doesn't support windows 8 at all.....

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Comodo Programs Manager is very buggy and Comodo doesn't keep it updated just like they neglect many of their other freeware products.

Comodo Programs Manager was last updated September 7th, 2011 and doesn't even support Windows 8. Comodo is known to release a product then completely abandon it without notice.

IObit Uninstaller, Wise Program Uninstaller, Geek Uninstaller, Advanced Uninstaller and Revo Uninstaller are much better options because the products are kept up-to-date.

Thanks.:D

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
Littlebits said:
Comodo Programs Manager is very buggy and Comodo doesn't keep it updated just like they neglect many of their other freeware products.

Comodo Programs Manager was last updated September 7th, 2011 and doesn't even support Windows 8. Comodo is known to release a product then completely abandon it without notice.

IObit Uninstaller, Wise Program Uninstaller, Geek Uninstaller, Advanced Uninstaller and Revo Uninstaller are much better options because the products are kept up-to-date.

Ahhh yes I agree with some of your points Littlebits
but IMO your recommended uninstallers do not do everything that CPM does BUT thoroughly agree that the program could do with an update and some follow up TLC! :D

oh and as far as Uninstallers you can't go past REVO PRO - which I own thanks to MalwareTips :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have given this a try and although there are a few features I liked most of these can be accomplished by what I am using now.The Windows 8 incompatibility is definitely an issue as is that the program has not been updated in over a year.By the looks of it there doesnt seem like one is coming anytime soon.

I think if it was updated and Windows 8 compatible it would be a nice program as a free option.I think I will stick with IObit Uninstaller.

Nevertheless thanks for the post!

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
exterminator20 said:
I have given this a try and although there are a few features I liked most of these can be accomplished by what I am using now.The Windows 8 incompatibility is definitely an issue as is that the program has not been updated in over a year.By the looks of it there doesnt seem like one is coming anytime soon.

I think if it was updated and Windows 8 compatible it would be a nice program as a free option.I think I will stick with IObit Uninstaller.

Nevertheless thanks for the post!

agree with exterminator20 wholeheartedly
these features are available in other programs and I also agree that it is great to post so that others members that may not know about it can learn more about what software is out there and it's functions and most importantly what is FREE

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I was a user of Revo Uninstaller Free but found it didn't detect certain programs I've installed, I now use IObit Uninstaller with no issues thus far. :)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I also use IObit Uninstaller, it appears to do a much better job then the rest and doesn't even require installation, just a portable executable.

D

Deleted member 178

same as above, Iobit does an excellent job, especially the advanced uninstall that delete leftovers registry keys and folders

Reactions: FrFc1908

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Does iobit detect 64bit programs too?

I might try it but the MBAM fiasco has kept me away from them as a trustworthy company.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes, and it's portable.

IObit Uninstaller 2 is one of their better software.

mohitpatel09

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
MrXidus said:
I was a user of Revo Uninstaller Free but found it didn't detect certain programs I've installed, I now use IObit Uninstaller with no issues thus far. :)

CPM deletes restricted or running files before windows startup.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Last time I tried, CPM comes bundled with GeekBuddy (or was it extra through the UI) and runs background processes. I've not seen a portable version either.

Also it's been discontinued, last update April 2011.
http://programs-manager.comodo.com/release-notes.php
Listed under the Discontinued Products.
http://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-a%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BD-cpm/why-is-cpm-discontinued-t97552.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.