Comodo sandbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
I have a question regarding Comodo's Sandbox/kiosk. I know that Sandboxie doesn't really fully support x64 systems, So I wanted to know if this is also the case with Comodo's sandbox/kiosk? Or does Comodo's sandbox better support x64 systems?

Thanks in advance.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
ZeroDay said:
I have a question regarding Comodo's Sandbox/kiosk. I know that Sandboxie doesn't really fully support x64 systems, So I wanted to know if this is also the case with Comodo's sandbox/kiosk? Or does Comodo's sandbox better support x64 systems?

Hi ZeroDay, I cant help you about the Comodo question but for your information, Sandboxie does support 64 bit Windows systems from Vista on up. XP 64 bit systems are not supported. Please read the note at the top of the link.
http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?NotesAbout64BitEdition

Bo

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Hi bo.elam and thanks for your reply. Yes I know Sandboxie supports x64 systems what I meant is it doesn't offer the same level of protection on x64 as it does on x86.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Read the link I posted above, I quote: "...and provides all protection".

Also, read the opening post on the link below. In my opinion, Sandboxie version 4 will be stronger than prevision versions. Amazing but true and 32 or 64 bits wont matter.

About the changes: "To ensure a high level of sandbox isolation.........program's own memory."

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=14454

Bo

Zurchiboy

Verified
Apr 10, 2013
I have a 64-bit system and comodos fully virtualized sandbox and kiosk works great. So yes it can work wioth 64-bit systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.