Not open for further replies.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Does Comodo SecureTab work for anyone? The extension in Chrome Web Store has reviews all in the same day so this sounds fishy and there doesn't seem to be anything happening aside from the extension not working. I don't know if I can send links so I won't. I don't even know if this is the right place to post this.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Do you mean a large number of strange reviews out of nowhere? I would disable the extension to make sure it isn't functional for the time being if this is the case out of concerns someone might have hijacked an update.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
has anyone actually tried this tab?
It claims that you can use any firefox add-on in Chrome, if you have this tab.
Sounds wild...

Reactions: AtlBo

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not something I would be interested in, but seen this extension a few weeks ago and you need both browsers (Chrome + IceDragon) installed.

It was similar to IE Tab back in the day for Firefox and IE.

Reactions: shmu26

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
has anyone actually tried this tab?
It claims that you can use any firefox add-on in Chrome, if you have this tab.
Sounds wild...
Sounds dangerous. I'm no expert but being able to use firefox add ons in Chrome(while admittedly I would like to) seems like it would mess a lot with the integrity and security of the browser. I would like someone to confirm it is safe though.

And let's not forget that that Comodo's browsers don't have the best reputations.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Not something I would be interested in, but seen this extension a few weeks ago and you need both browsers (Chrome + IceDragon) installed.

It was similar to IE Tab back in the day for Firefox and IE.
what do you say about the security aspect of it?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
what do you say about the security aspect of it?
Same as @Azure Phoenix
Sounds dangerous. I'm no expert but being able to use firefox add ons in Chrome(while admittedly I would like to) seems like it would mess a lot with the integrity and security of the browser. I would like someone to confirm it is safe though.

And let's not forget that that Comodo's browsers don't have the best reputations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.