New Update Comodo Security Solutions Rebrands to Xcitium

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Comodo is bein rebranded and it was just announced yesterday Comodo Security Solutions Rebrands to Xcitium though the announcement wasn't even posted on the Comodo Forum. I'm waiting to see what happens with that. Comodo forums themselves have been quiet lately so it'll be interesting to see what happens with it's Consumer products. Launch of Xcitium is August 2022.
ErzCrz

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
No main forum post but message from dev team that CIS isn't discontinued or replaced in on of the topics:
Questions regarding development of CIS

"Hi all,

As you all know that the comodo security solutions rebrands to "xcitium.
But it doesn''t mean that Cis neither discontinued nor replaced with Xcitium. so there is no change in CIS.
Therefore, we continue CIS.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT
Have a nice day."

So maybe this restructure will finally get some more updates pushed. We'll see :)

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
As you all know that the comodo security solutions rebrands to "xcitium.
But it doesn''t mean that Cis neither discontinued nor replaced with Xcitium. so there is no change in CIS.
Therefore, we continue CIS.
Rebrands is in general not my personal cup of tea so to speak even if I understand the main reasons, but Comodo and it's previous name/brand changes is already a mess and haven't been fixed since years, and now another one gets added and CIS officially stick their head in the sand. The risk of confusion gets another exciting level on it's tottery ladder. :rolleyes::sleep:

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Rebrands is in general not my personal cup of tea so to speak even if I understand the main reasons, but Comodo and it's previous name/brand changes is already a mess and haven't been fixed since years, and now another one gets added and CIS officially stick their head in the sand. The risk of confusion gets another exciting level on it's tottery ladder. :rolleyes::sleep:
Yes, I'm not a fan of rebranding either. I still kind of get the feeling of being fobbed off with that post on their forum. I really like CIS, don't get me wrong, and it's perfect with my Firefox / Thunderbird setup I think there just needs to be something more before I'd return to it long term.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
:rolleyes: CIS is not discontinued, BUT it haven‘t gotten any meaningful updates and patches for a long long time. (By the way ,the enterprise version of Comodo is as buggy as CIS, So...I dont know what happened to Comodo's development team)
That's not good that even the Enterprise version isn't as good. I guess we just wait and see wat, if anything happens next. 🤷‍♂️

mellowtones242

Level 2
Verified
Aug 11, 2018
That's not good that even the Enterprise version isn't as good. I guess we just wait and see wat, if anything happens next. 🤷‍♂️
The Enterprise version is constantly being updated and it is integrated with different components such as EDR, Endpoint Manager, Remote Monitoring Agents etc. so bugs are expected but they are fixed on a regular basis there are some that do take a while to fix though.

Reactions: [correlate]

lvseqiji

Level 2
Mar 30, 2022
The Enterprise version is constantly being updated and it is integrated with different components such as EDR, Endpoint Manager, Remote Monitoring Agents etc. so bugs are expected but they are fixed on a regular basis there are some that do take a while to fix though.
BUT the most import part, security client , is NOT regularly updated. The latest version was released last year.

Reactions: Idanox

lvseqiji

Level 2
Mar 30, 2022
Actually, if you want to try enterprise version of Comodo, you can just go to Comodo dragon platform and create an account. You will get one month free trail of Comodo AEP.
And you can even purchase license with your credit card. ( 39 USD for 1 PC/Year)
But I will not recommend anyone to buy it, it can cause lag and high latency in games and have lots of compatibility issues:(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.