Status
Not open for further replies.

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
Hi, Comodo has just updated, and I've noticed an addition to the Auto Sandbox settings... run virtually /sandbox folders / any....
what changes should I make to this setting, or do I leave it with the default setting?
cheers.

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
sarcasm isn't the answer that I was looking for!... Keep me updated when you have something positive to say! Thanks!... :rolleyes:

H

hjlbx

Hi, Comodo has just updated, and I've noticed an addition to the Auto Sandbox settings... run virtually /sandbox folders / any....
what changes should I make to this setting, or do I leave it with the default setting?
cheers.

You can set sandbox folder in Comodo now = all files run from within that folder will be sandboxed - whether Trusted or Unrecognized... until you remove them. If file is Unrecognized it will be auto-sandboxed whether you place into the sandbox folder or not... unless you create an auto-sandbox "ignore" rule for it.

Could be a handy feature for those that want\need it...

Reactions: Kent and porkpiehat

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
I think that wasnt sarcasm. We are all nice and freindly ppls here.
yes, I believe I owe Moose an apology! Sorry Moose, I totally misinterpreted your comment.. I hope you can overlook my stupidity.. :oops:

D

Deleted member 2913

Previously when you tried to run files manually from VTRoot folder, files were not sandboxed & run normally i.e on the real system.
Guess the new setting takes care of this & files are run sandboxed now.
They have mentioned the fix in the changelog.

Reactions: porkpiehat

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
@porkpiehat,

It means a lot for me, that you willing to drop by and apologize! Sorry that you misinterpreted any of my comments.

Apology accepted friend!;) Now let make it a great day together!

Reactions: porkpiehat
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.