App Review Comodo v Emsisoft v Kaspersky Detection Test(PC Security Channel)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: Comodo v Emsisoft v Kaspersky Detection Test

As unusual Comodo and Emsisoft are.likely focused on aggressive protection thus the abilities to dztected those samples even zero day are literally high.

While kaspersky has the optimum protection with a balanced on other factors.

MDTechVideos

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012

When you post reviews/test here, can you please indicate in the subject what tester(username) made the review? Not only is it giving credit to the one who made the review but it will also make it easier for users here to browse through the many different kinds of reviews compiled here on MT.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013

MalwareDoctor said:
When you post reviews/test here, can you please indicate in the subject what tester(username) made the review? Not only is it giving credit to the one who made the review but it will also make it easier for users here to browse through the many different kinds of reviews compiled here on MT.

Can do, Doc.

D

Deleted member 178

Emsisoft rulz as always !

Fast, accurate and you don't need to tweak it to get a better detection rate.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
To my view, Comodo and Emsisoft are the best protection possible if the user knows some things about the computer and knows how to handle some situations (especially with Comodo).
I 've recently completed tests in virtual machine with most well known AV's and noone could touch Comodo or Emsisoft. I 've tested them with various sets of samples uploaded here and ran all undetected samples every AV left. All the rest left viruses running on the system while those two left none running (Comodo autosandbox setting was on untrusted) as MBAM quick scan and hitman pro indicated. Not sure about Emsisoft as the specific test with it was a bit rushy, the rest not. The system was Windows 7 with all updates installed.
Sorry for not publishing a video, meybe I 'll do it sometime. xD

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I have little time to organize such a thing, so I made the tests without any recording, speech or text so to be faster as I am a busy University student. Although, I 'd like to do it, and I 'll try to make it and share it here soon :)

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
spywar said:
Thanks, Comodo will be even better once valkyrie will be fully used to generate signatures.

Do you have any info if it will happen soon or not?

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
GA4E1 said:
What is Valkyrie spywar? Is it like a code name for engine?

It's an Automated Analysis System.
"Comodo FVS is a cloud based file analysis system that tests user-submitted files with a range of static and dynamic detectors - including heuristics, file look-up and real-time behavior analysis. By using FVS, our users quickly gain a verdict on the safety of an unknown file and can help accelerate the identification of zero-day malware." :)

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
GA4E1 said:
Oh thank you very much Nikos.
So that is not the current cloud of Comodo right?

I believe it uses some common technologies with valkyrie but I don't know for sure. Spywar, do you have any idea?

Zurchiboy

Verified
Apr 10, 2013
comodo cas CIMA (Comodo Instant Malware analysis) It uploads to and if found suspicious well be detected as cloud behavior.suspicious.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.