Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Two things:
*New* PrivDog - CNET (Date added, January 22, 2014) on download page. o_O
*Improved* Forget 100% (Panda)... Comodo now runs virtual apps 700% faster. Pure innovation right there. :rolleyes:

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
xlkt7zcr6i.jpg

SifhX

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
OK , I will wait for the public release because in their site its still CIS 6 :)

zeusc4

Level 4
Verified
Feb 2, 2013
now what is the new in web filter & viruscope ? those were already in last stable version & previous beta

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
For those that pair CF with Qihoo- I just gave the new build a quick run through. Sadly the Web Filtering module still messes with Qihoo Cloud, basically slowing down detection to a point that renders Qihoo useless.

So when updating make sure to disable Web filtering after install and everything will be happy.

(note to SifhX- I don't think that direct download links to build 4132 are up yet, but it can be updated through the previous version 7 build).

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
X00 bugs fixed in each releases start to be a joke like the 700% faster of this release:p:p

How did they come up with 700% faster, did they actually test the newer version against the older version and found it to be 700% slower?
I'm starting to wonder if they are even making any changes at all except for adding new ad-sponsors to their installers. The changelogs says 200 bugs fixed this time on this new release instead of the standard 300 bugs fixed. So the last released version must have 100% less bugs than the previous releases but still has an approximate of at least 100% to 200% more bugs that need to be fixed according to their release history on their changelogs.

They are making themselves look like fools.

Enjoy!! :D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
How did they come up with 700% faster, did they actually test the newer version against the older version and found it to be 700% slower?
I'm starting to wonder if they are even making any changes at all except for adding new ad-sponsors to their installers. The changelogs says 200 bugs fixed this time on this new release instead of the standard 300 bugs fixed. So the last released version must have 100% less bugs than the previous releases but still has an approximate of at least 100% to 200% more bugs that need to be fixed according to their release history on their changelogs.

They are making themselves look like fools.

Enjoy!! :D
"Comodo...starts up before you click the power button" :D

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I agree, they do some stupid things and release rushy builts, but this program is Free, it's Internet Security with VERY good firewall and Sandbox. Can you think of any other similar free product? No. Like it or not (me included), it's better than Avast for example if you are lucky not to encounter any annoying bug on your system setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.