Advice Request COMODO website filtering - Any settings to improve protection?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
I want to use CIS instead of CFW with avast.
As most of you have known that it's web filtering protection isn't much good.
Can anyone tell me how to improve detection by website filtering module or if we can add filters then which do you recommend and how to add them?

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Is there some other similar web page with some more bad web page/host like MVPS?

EDIT:
I just set Comodo like you suggest (with MVPS) and now every web page is blocked?

1.png 2.png 3.png

Last edited:

floalma

Level 4
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
You have to check 'Enable Website Filtering' and remove all the 0 from your MVP host txt file.

Check this :
https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-block-malicious-websites-or-ads-with-COMODO-v7-v8-web-filter.23741/#post-170325

and this : https://malwaretips.com/threads/how...odo-v7-v8-web-filter.23741/page-2#post-170351

Is there some other similar web page with some more bad web page/host like MVPS?

EDIT:
I just set COMODO like you suggest (with MVPS) and now every web page is blocked?

View attachment 157494 View attachment 157495 View attachment 157496

Last edited:

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
That didn't help, but I found what was wrong.
You must import that .txt as a HOSTS format (check image).

1.png

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
You have to check 'Enable Website Filtering' and remove all the 0 from your MVP host txt file.

You said : "that didn't help' but about importing the txt file as Host format , you could read on the second link I gave you.
Maybe you missed this link ? ;)

It was about that bold stuf ("...and remove all the 0 from your MVP host txt file").
Tnx anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.