Battle Compare Security Companies Customer Service and Support

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
A new pool . Sorry i am not english speaker i put my opinions here and say if you share it or if you have another opinions.

Comodo is like a marxist discourse, anarchy, revolutionary, atractive, vibrant comunity but the geekbuddys are salesmen not support team, for me their asistence was erratic and sometimes make a disaster.
Avast : a vibrant comunity, good security products, peace on mind, but from my view point they forgot their philosophy and now have comercial problems, refunds, and another things.Paid support bad.
Norton: cheap and good security product, good support, ethical, virus free guarantee, inconditional support.
Microsoft; Bad reputation but good products, a very quiet comunity. Expensive paid support.
Secureage: Modest comunity , modest Company, good support, kindly and ethical.
Bitdefender : Expensive paid support, buggy products
Kaspersky: Good products, good comunity, good support

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I will say Avast because I didn't contact support from other antiviruses and because they did answer on my questions very fast. They also have community forum where you can ask anything or report problem and someone will help you. I'm sure that support of other antiviruses also isn't bad.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
My vote goes to Emsisoft. I have contacted their support several times and they always were kind, helpful and reply was fast.
I have also very good experience with support of SurfRight, Kaspersky and Norton.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
1 Comodo has geekbuddy and they are very nasty i think i talk whith machines. For example i say "Hello can you tell me if comodo fw have secureshoping". They answer "Can i conect to you machine"... I answer "I only want to know if this feature are availible in fw module"... They answer "Can i conect to your machine or call you". In relation to forum comodo are very good support.
2 Emsisoft have good support. I was banned to their forum because i have bad behavior, but i recognize the direct contact to staff are wonderful, and you recibe 10 or 20 replies in a day. They always are here to help.
3 In doctor web i say "Dr web always take 100% of my hd" they answer "This is the way our product work" i say "i dont like it give me a refund"... they say "But our product catch viruses we never promise good perfomance"... I say "Give me a refund"... They said "No"... I say "I will take legal actions and go to "Protect costumer office in my country"... They say "Here is your refund"
3 Norton are for me superior thecnical support 24/7 no intrusive, kindly etc (I have a lot of fp and i decide to move to other solution but in terms of support i love them.
4 Bitdefender says always "Check our website here says all"
I forgot to add bullguard. Some girl (I dont remember her name) help me 7 hours to remove a virus whith too many specialited methos

I hate the support guys who says "IF our av says it virus it must be viruses we dont belive in fp" , "if we dont detect virus, that not are a virus"... "Exclude this file if you want at your own risk" i like to send samples to be secure one Antivirus lab check my sample and says me are clean.
Bullguad detects one software called balabolka as a virus that not are a virus, only are unpopular. Avast says shadow defender are a web broser plug in They are weird jajajaja.
I am sociologist i like to open that pools

K

KGBagent47

Norton customer service couldn't even tell me how to boot into safe mode on Windows 8.1 two years ago. Instead Norton just kept telling me if I renewed my subscription (that was still currently active) then they would fix the problem.

Their incompetence is gross, they only exist to renew your subscription. So anybody else but them, would be my vote.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I present a complain like this on norton forum and they call a second level support who helps me whith all my configs and let my computer ok for 1 year. I renew my suscription and have now 4 years licence. I give it to my mother and go whith avast. But you are rigth the bassis support is very bad

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
The best customer support I have had is Norton : very knowledgeble / friendly people. Horizondata ( rollback rx ) is outstanding also. The most respect I have for Dan from voodooshield , the man is like a octupus ; very active in various forums , but also in regards when you sent his customer support a Message : very , very quick in replying and friendly and helpful too!!! I recently joined the beta program for adguard and I must say I am quite impressed with the support they provide too. The worst customer support i came across has to be AVG ; the employ the most incompetent personal I have ever seen : most of the personal do not even have knowledge in the workings of their own product and always refer to online guides for problem solving.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I have experience with Bitdefender and Norton.
The best of them is Norton. Quite quick reply and they really try to solve your problem. The support I asked for Bitdefender was for the free version and even if they provided only email and low priority support for that product, I always got a reply back the same or the next day. They weren't really able to solve my issue though.
Another antivirus that I've used for years is Panda and although I've not contacted their support yet, I hear from many people they really have bad support. They only have a forum and even then you need to wait for days or even a week to get a reply.
And not directly related to AV's, but I certainly agree with @Trickster about Adguard. I once had an issue with the brower extension and in less than 5 minutes I had someone from Adguard helping me and it wasn't even on the Adguard forums itself. They have the best support I've ever seen.

Reactions: AtlBo

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Emsisoft has the best support of all, their response to customers are real quick, friendly and real troubleshooters. Secondly I vote ESET or Kaspersky. ESET are a bit little late in responding in India because of that had to give them the next place. I haven't contacted Kaspersky for any purpose but my customers claim that they dont respond in a friendly way and and difficult to convenience them when they had any issue, so because of this reason they always call me for assistance.;)

Reactions: AtlBo

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Webroot is great in support, but they are not 24/7 so its better to choose a Company which have tech supports 24/7 for you online or by phone.

Good to know that they`re good.

Would be great if one of the AV testing companies would do a"support" test of each featured product they review.....just a thought.

Regards Eck:)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Contacted Reason Core Security THREE days ago via Email Support and nothing, except an automated email message. It's certainly discouraging to recommend them again.

Parallels VM for Mac are also unresponsive to requests, been TEN days and nothing.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Have had Emsisoft for 3+ years, and they offer great/prompt support via email or forum. Always willing to help. Can't say the same for BitDefender.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.