Advice Request CompuClever Antivirus?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rishi

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
I came across Compuclever antivirus website recently while browsing, and I've never heard of it.It has not been mentioned here on the forums as well. WOT marks the website as red( dont mind the community based rating) while BD trafficlight considers it okay.Is it legit or scam? If not a scam how good it is?The site has other products also and claims to be an Intel partner under awards section. Any ideas?

Compuclever website:

Code:
http://www.compuclever.com/'

upload_2016-1-11_17-42-6.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Rishi

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Virus total 0/66 , ublock origin with malware and spam domains on allowed it through, urlcheck.info 3/13 (CleanMX, Malc0de and MalwarePatrol) mixed bag so far.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

It is a fake AV because it is on CleanMX and Malc0de and other.

I will try it on a Windows 10 VM with WD and WF enabled.

Reactions: Rishi

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
According on some sources, its considered to be malicious prior on the reference of WOT (Web of Trust); + PC Maestro Cleaner added as an evidence of bad background program at all.

Reactions: LabZero and Rishi

CompuClever Support

Apr 12, 2016
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to supply a few facts in response to the original question. My name is Richard, I am the support lead here and want to answer the concerns anyone has about us. I know it can be hard to determine who can be trusted in the world of internet software, there are a lot of comments on the internet from faceless people who may or may not be telling the truth. We want to do what we can to provide the facts people need.

We are a Microsoft Certified Partner company and as part of their requirements they have spoken to our customers and reviewed our applications. The certification means we have passed their requirements for application design, having never distributed a virus in any of our files, and for producing a reliable, genuine set of programs that do what we claim. PC Clean Maestro is not a fake program, it removes clutter files (which you can determine which files to delete), removes unwanted add-ons from common browsers, and when a program is removed, it will let you know of orphaned files and folders that can also be deleted.

Antivirus Plus 2016 is our newest release and a legitimate antivirus program, you can find the test results for it at the Virus Bulletin website where it made their VB100 status in the first testing of the program. The program can be directly compared to other products they have tested so you can get a better idea of how good (or bad) a program is by going through their test results. You can find their main page by searching for "virus bulletin" and then search their site for "compuclever". Or, click the link below for our results:

Virus Bulletin :: Comparative Vendors

If someone wants to get links to the information, or other information, please send them to our support email address which is:

support @ compuclever.com

Just remove the spaces from around the "@" sign. I welcome your questions and hope you will contact us so you can get a better idea of who, and what, we are here.

Richard
CompuClever Customer Support

H

hjlbx

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to supply a few facts in response to the original question. My name is Richard, I am the support lead here and want to answer the concerns anyone has about us. I know it can be hard to determine who can be trusted in the world of internet software, there are a lot of comments on the internet from faceless people who may or may not be telling the truth. We want to do what we can to provide the facts people need.

We are a Microsoft Certified Partner company and as part of their requirements they have spoken to our customers and reviewed our applications. The certification means we have passed their requirements for application design, having never distributed a virus in any of our files, and for producing a reliable, genuine set of programs that do what we claim. PC Clean Maestro is not a fake program, it removes clutter files (which you can determine which files to delete), removes unwanted add-ons from common browsers, and when a program is removed, it will let you know of orphaned files and folders that can also be deleted.

Antivirus Plus 2016 is our newest release and a legitimate antivirus program, you can find the test results for it at the Virus Bulletin website where it made their VB100 status in the first testing of the program. The program can be directly compared to other products they have tested so you can get a better idea of how good (or bad) a program is by going through their test results. You can find their main page by searching for "virus bulletin" and then search their site for "compuclever". Or, click the link below for our results:

Virus Bulletin :: Comparative Vendors

If someone wants to get links to the information, or other information, please send them to our support email address which is:

support @ compuclever.com

Just remove the spaces from around the "@" sign. I welcome your questions and hope you will contact us so you can get a better idea of who, and what, we are here.

Richard
CompuClever Customer Support

Your website IP is blacklisted in various web-content filtering databases.

Some of your products are blacklisted by security soft vendors.

Until you clear that all up users will not trust your firm nor its products.

Reactions: Rishi and Jack

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@CompuClever Support: Like other questionable products, we need a clear thought because of promoting a product that are confusing and misleading besides that its been in the blacklist for a long time.

Andy Thompson

Apr 12, 2016
Hi,

This is Andy from CompuClever. I manage communications with our users and partners. I myself was a Windows developer for over 15 years and have been involved with the security industry for the past 10 years. Please allow me to provide some inputs to this discussion in a professional and respectful manner.

1) The original question was regarding CompuClever Antivirus PLUS, so let's get this out of the way first:
CompuClever Antivirus PLUS is a VB100 certified Antivirus solution that received full mark. The product is white-listed by Microsoft to be installed on Windows 10, which forcefully blocks rouge AV.

2) Let me address other concerns stemmed from the original question.
CompuClever is a PC security and utility software company based in Victoria Canada. We are a proud member of the Microsoft Partner Program and the Intel Developer Zone program. All of our software passes Windows Logo certificate tests which ensures they are clean and free of any Malware.

McAfee Siteadvisor Rating: SAFE
compuclever.com | Web Safety Ratings from McAfee SiteAdvisor

Symantec Safe Web Report: SAFE
Report for compuclever.com | Norton Safe Web

3) The center of the concerns expressed above is on the product PCTuneUpMaestro. This is a clean Windows Logo certified PC optimization product. It is NOT a merely registry cleaner, as it provides 10x more features than just cleaning registries. What had caused concerns from some of the AV vendors, like those have been mentioned from VirurTotal was because the products were once distributed through "installers". We here at CompuClever is fully aware of the issue and have been working diligently to exclude resellers and marketers who conduct such practices. We are also working with some of the AV vendors to clear off being categorized as PUP or Adware because our applications by themselves are NOT. Nevertheless, some of the AV vendors are extremely hard to deal with, especially those ones from Russia like Dr. Web.

For issues, concerns, and comments about our products, please contact support@compuclever.com We welcome rational feedback stemmed from first-hand user experience and always respond with facts and respect.

Best regards

Andy Thompson
Director of Communications and Editor-in-Chief
The CompuClever team

Reactions: roger_m

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@venetapassmore For CompuClever to call the antivirus "CompuClever Antivirus PLUS 2018," is highly misleading. It is not a new product. It is nothing more, than a rebrand of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015."

On their website they scored above bitdefender, and Kaspersky. you have to go to their web page and scroll down.
They did not. They scored exactly the same as Bitdefender. There is no way, that a rebrand can score higher than the original product. If you take another look at that web page you will see both products have the same score, but CompuClever listed their product above Bitdefender.

When you talk about the fastest antivirus, I presume you mean the lightest. Panda and K7 are both significantly lighter, than CompuClever/Bitdefender.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
It is a Bit defender clone.My friend used it a back ago
Their AVC=ATC
Stay away from these software's to have a piece of mind.

L

Local Host

@venetapassmore For CompuClever to call the antivirus "CompuClever Antivirus PLUS 2018," is highly misleading. It is not a new product. It is nothing more, than a rebrand of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015."

They did not. They scored exactly the same as Bitdefender. There is no way, that a rebrand can score higher than the original product. If you take another look at that web page you will see both products have the same score, but CompuClever listed their product above Bitdefender.

When you talk about the fastest antivirus, I presume you mean the lightest. Panda and K7 are both significantly lighter, than CompuClever/Bitdefender.
This topic is back from 2016 :coffee:

Just because it uses a third-party base (BitDefender), doesn't mean it can't be called new! Not saying people should use this though, I don't recommend BitDefender, I sure as hell won't recommend a fork.

Have a good weekend humans! :alien:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Just because it uses a third-party base (BitDefender), doesn't mean it can't be called new!
It does, because it's not new. They're calling a program which was last updated two years ago, CompuClever Antivirus Plus 2018. It gives the wrong impression, that they have released an updated version, when in fact, it is still a rebrand of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 and the last time the product was updated, was in 2016.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I think they are saying that it is updated, and is now V2018 because they made it work with Windows 10.
It was last updated two years ago. Maybe it was updated for Windows 10 compatibility in 2016. But, there have been no product updates since then.

Reactions: upnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.