Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Testing on your host ? :rolleyes:
Running Sig-Based AV "suite" on that hot rod of a machine ?
Humm
Thanks for sharing.
With your type of machine you should know better than to run Testing on your host.
I would go Sig-free and set that beautiful machine free, but that's just me.
Mine was about 3,500.00 US, and custom built here: Digital Storm: Custom Gaming Computers & Gaming PCs
you won't catch me treating my baby like that ;)

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
First and foremost never test malware on your Host PC.It should always be done in a virtual environment or on a separate testing machine.
Since AIS 2016 is your real time protection I would consider adding another on demand scanner such as Zemana Antimalware,ESET Online Scanner,Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Hitman Pro.
Consider replacing ABD with uBlock Origin in Chrome and adding HTTPS Everywhere.
Very nice machine you have! Thanks for sharing your config :)

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Play with the malware is the same as play with fire, you have to test in a virtualized environment : VM or Shadow Defender.
Many new malware contain anti-virtualization and anti-debugging routines in order to deceive the tester, that seeing the malware inactive (sleep mode), he believes that the sample is not dangerous, lowering his guard on it.
Serious error, working with malware, requires a great ability and insight, and no real malware analyst will test samples on the host PC.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.