Conduit Virus

Ginablumen

Thread author
Verified
Sep 28, 2013
In addition to the windows popping up, a picture of a woman with a headset appeared on the desktop and in the panel where the tabs show, beside the buttons to reduce and exit the windows.

Attachments

• aswMBR.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 85
  • FRST.txt
    26.7 KB · Views: 153
  • FRST2.txt
    24.7 KB · Views: 113

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:

Code:
    autoclean;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

Ginablumen

Thread author
Verified
Sep 28, 2013
Ok, I followed the directions as best I could, but the box did not have any text written on it. I couldn't tell which zoek file was the .exe, so I tried all 3. I will post a pictures. I don't know what to do next... :(

Attachments

• Zoek3.PNG
    Zoek3.PNG
    50.6 KB · Views: 108

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Ok, I followed the directions as best I could, but the box did not have any text written on it. I couldn't tell which zoek file was the .exe, so I tried all 3. I will post a pictures. I don't know what to do next... :(

You did open Zoek well, you just have to copy autoclean; and press Run script.

a9sr3b.jpg

Ginablumen

Thread author
Verified
Sep 28, 2013
Ok, I understand now. Sorry.
So I did all of that and the computer automatically restarted, but when it did, I lost my internet connection and I cannot get it back. It says: The proxy server is refusing connections. :(

Attachments

• zoek-results.log
    641 bytes · Views: 84

Alan Hagen

Feb 10, 2014
i am having the same problem with conduit search. i have run adwclean and malwarebytes as well as an avg scan. i have removed all addons and extensions from chrome and ie, but my browser is still redirecting to conduit. should i start a separate thread or upload the FRST, ADDITION, and aswMBR to this this thread? thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.