Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Quick question for @Andy Ful , does 'ConfigureDefender' configure Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10?

Do you have any plans to work with, if possible, making a tool for WD Firewall in the future?

A tool like Firewall App Blocker..very easy ..that integrates the firewall rules of Syshardener....or others in different profiles...

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Quick question for @Andy Ful , does 'ConfigureDefender' configure Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10?

Do you have any plans to work with, if possible, making a tool for WD Firewall in the future?
He already has a tool for this. If you install Hard_Configuarator then you can access Configure_Defender, FirewallHardening from the same UI but if you're planning to use the FirewallHardening tool separately then this is the link for the 64 bit version: FirewallHardening(x64)
Btw, a restart is required after adding or removing firewall rules for them to start working

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
He already has a tool for this. If you install Hard_Configuarator then you can access Configure_Defender, FirewallHardening from the same UI but if you're planning to use the FirewallHardening tool separately then this is the link for the 64 bit version: FirewallHardening(x64)
Btw, a restart is required after adding or removing firewall rules for them to start working
Just wanted to add: if you use Andy's FirewallHardening tool, the rules will survive a major Windows feature update, unlike rules that you make yourself through the native Windows Firewall GUI. :)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
At some point, I installed Syshardener. I uninstalled it last year but kept the firewall rules. I still have them after many Windows updates....Those rules are still identified as NVTSYSH.
Maybe Syshardener uses the same method as FirewallHardening, I don't know. But keep in mind that between last spring and now, there has not been a major feature update. The fall update was insignificant. It did not entail a reinstalling of Windows, like a major feature update does. A major feature update restarts your computer several times, and takes a very long time to complete, because it is essentially reinstalling Windows, in the process of which it reverts some of the system settings to their default value.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
@Andy Ful

According to this article, requirement for ASR rules are Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise/Education
ASR.png

The above example is from my Windows Home test machine (Virtual Box). I have simply run PowerTool application from the flash drive. The same will happen for any application (run from USB) which is not digitally signed or not recognized as trusted by WD ISG.
Anyone can test if ASR rules work by simply using WD demo webpage (sign in required):

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.