Consumer Security Products Performance Benchmarks 2017

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
PassMark Software conducted objective performance testing on publicly available consumer security products on Windows 10 (64-bit) in 2017. Testing involved 23 different metrics on 15 security products. The overall scores, test descriptions and individual test results are available in this report.

Source:
PassMark Software - Consumer and Business Software Benchmark Reports, Publications and Comparative Reviews

PDF:
https://www.passmark.com/reports/Consumer_Security_Products_Performance_Benchmarks_2018_Ed_1.pdf

Disclosure
Symantec Corporation funded the production of this report, selected the test metrics and list of products to include in this report, and supplied some of the test scripts used for the tests.

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
The report is useless I guess Norton have done everything in their hands to be the first.
We don't know how they have weighed the result of each test, and some of the test and quite irrelevant like MB used in disk or RAM usage.
It would be nice if someone can copy the results to an excel file so we can discard useless tests and give the same weight to all test or more weight to the most relevant.

Disclosure
Symantec Corporation funded the production of this report, selected the test metrics and list of products to include in this report, and supplied some of the test scripts used for the tests.

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
i see a shared experience with my pc system. Norton is on my system really impressive light. Panda the same experience.Gdata is without tweaks heavy.
I feel on my system an impact with trend micro too.
there are a lot of components wich make a difference on each other system.....but i would not
say that this test is bullshit.

there are similar performance results @ av-test and av-c

Last edited:
Reactions: Faybert

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
How to read a sponsored test if
1. X is the sponsor
2. X gets 1st place

Read the results beginning from the 2nd place onward. In this case, ESET has the best performance in the report.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.