CoolRecordEdit

JayFF

Thread author
Nov 29, 2014
Having recently got myself into a lot of bother downloading astromendus through not paying attention while grabbing IrfanView for a new to me Dell dektop, and dragging half my much more techy family into fixing it (via your website's advice, thank you) I'm keen to see if CoolRecordEdit is a security risk. Clearly I have no idea what I am doing, and sorry to bug you experts... but any advice would be great. I just need something to grab audio, I'll pay for it, just need to know what's best for someone not at audio engineer level.

If this is the wrong place to ask this question, again I apologise and will take any advice about where to go next.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Windows SP1?
Norton .......AV,Intenet Security?
you could add some more ondemand scanners such as Hitman Pro,Emsisoft Emergency Kit,etc.
Any extensions on FF? such as HTTPS Everywhere,WOT,Ghostery,ABD +
CCleaner or Privazer if not installed
You might want to consider Sandboxie

Here is the VirusTotal results for CoolRecordEdit website: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/c...5a4f10421c2dde9c279606c5f71870d8ddd/analysis/

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.