Could this be the end of traditional AV and Cloud AV?

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Some motherboard have built-in virus protection so it will not be so difficult, anyway this badbios look more a scifi thing that a real threat

Agreed, but do not mistake a few hard coded virus signatures within the bios for a fully fledged protection because the bios protection is a joke.
In regards to Bbios malware yes it does look scifi but the report does look scifi to, while on the other hand the test report was clear enough to see that its not that scifi.
Personally i would like to add that most do not realize what technology today can do, the options available to Anti virus and security developers is amazing, however the average hackers tool box and government sponsored malware industry is by FAR a hell of a lot more spectacular.
I believe that our Chinese "friends" have proven so in the past 10 years lmao.
So for both you and me this whole thing might look scifi but in the right hands this might be everyday stuff. NASA, and ESA come in mind not to mention the NSA and its international counterparts, they are probably so far ahead of the security industry so go figure.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Take the CMOS out when you turn your PC off. LOL
I don't doubt that any of this is impossible, but it may be years away, if at all.
Nonetheless, it is a necessary discussion.

I

illumination

I hear Mossberg makes a pretty neat round that will take care of those type of infections ;)

Reactions: Gnosis

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.