Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Hi everyone !

As you know I am curious but absolutely not an expert . I ask here because I 'd like to have an independent opinion .

So I ask this not to insinuate doubts about adguard reliability but just to understand

Adguard pro for iOS ( it's written in the app ) establish a fake vpn to let you use adguard DNS ( you can add them manually , but in this way you just click a button, and furthermore they work even on 3G without enabling adguard mobile app to use 3G) ( if you want I can post some screenshots)

They say it's just a fake vpn and nothing pass through ther servers / remote serves

I tried some tests on ipleaks.net and dnsleaks.com

In fact It is not a real vpn because they show my ip, my location etc

But under isp they show many opendns,LLC and YANDEX,LLC based in Russia / USA / Netherlands

(I know that, for example ,if I used 8.8.8.8 probably I would see Google in those tests )

now I ask you: why it appears opendns and who is YANDEX ???
And would you feel comfortable to pass for all those servers ?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thank you for reading :)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.