Critique my setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locust

Thread author
Apr 1, 2016
Comodo Free, HIPS off, all other things enabled after putting firewall in training mode for a while, basically using default settings but with high heuristics turned on
MBAM (meh, lifetime license)
MBAE Premium, all default settings (received a license for beta testing it, seems to be lifetime?)
WinAntiRansom (currently in trial period), with all my documents and important stuff kept in C:/SafeZone
ShadowDefender, but with C:/SafeZone not affected by Shadow Mode

Might get Winpatrol with WAR. WinPrivacy seems useless and annoying from my trial so far, I can't get it to play nicely with Private Internet Access' client on an automated basis (I'm not super technical).

Edit: also, Chrome with uBlock (all defaults, don't know better), LastPass, and Click&Clean autofiring on browser close

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would suggest some sort of backup software such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a very good free and reliable version. ;)

If you do not have a portable HDD i would suggest Aomei One Key and it will even help you create a new partition to backup too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.