Status
Not open for further replies.

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Hi, this is my security configuration, comments are welcome as well as suggestions. Thanks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
DualBoot configuration with Linux Mint 18.1 XFCE for daily use.

Linux OS= Mint 18.1 XFCE
OS Architecture: 64-bit
Account: Local Account (non root)
Firewall: UFW
AV: ClamAV
Browser: Firefox / uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere.
Firejail.

Last edited:

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Update
-switched from Cyberfox to Yandex browser
-now using LastPass free (2FA) to manage my accounts ( was to many to remember all)
-added Avira Browser Safety & NetCraft to Yandex.
-added Firejail to Linux Mint.

Last edited:
Reactions: given and BugCode

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Hi guys,
i've made the transition from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro,
and i just installed only the Emsisoft AM and Ccleaner.
I don't no yet if is need to install MBAE (HMPA) or Kerish Doctor.......o_O
Im looking for a free replacement of WAR.......AppCheck, Vodooshield, NoVirusThank or anything else.
I have a Ranstop license but on Windows 7 it broke my system been irresponsive :mad:, very slow/slugish, only system restore helped......so far i don't want to make experience on W10.

Im a little bit confused .....i don't find the Smartscreen filter under IE 11 settings or Security & Maintenance only in gpedit (Computer Config../Administrative te.../Windows Com.../Microsoft Edge) i find "Windows Defender SmartScreen"....

Last edited:

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
So far it seems very immpresive, no slowdown, quick....i have disabled some of the windows apps, privacy settings...
i don't have so much time to dig throug all settings that why for the moment i want to search what/or how to tweak/hardenend Win10.

Update:
-added KerishDoctor 2017 (4.65)

Reactions: Parsh and frogboy

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Things look great! You can remove CCleaner and Kerish (this one, only if you use Kerish for cleaning) since Revo Pro provides cleaning.
You can shift VDS from the 'Frequent System Utilities' list to the 'Realtime protection' list.
Lastly, I will recommend using a Windows Firewall controller like Binisoft WFC or TinyWall or use a 3rd party FW like Zonealarm. Windows FW, unlike the popular opinion, ain't good enough for filtering traffic or overall network security.

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Thanks, I switched VDS to realtime. For Ccleaner & Kerish i will keep this combo for the moment and for firewall control i was thinking at Comodo Firewall with @cruelsister settings.

Reactions: frogboy and Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Thanks, I switched VDS to realtime. For Ccleaner & Kerish i will keep this combo for the moment and for firewall control i was thinking at Comodo Firewall with @cruelsister settings.
Then you'd better do away with VDS :)
CFW will already be very powerful and adding EAM to it means enough. You won't need more additions.
I like keeping some system protection features and realtime failure detection in Kerish. That's all. I do manual cleaning, since however good a cleaner is, it can mess up the system in some way sometime. I rarely follow the average cleaning routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.