Ask about Crypto Cryptocurrency?

Disclaimer: Any information contained on this forum is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment, financial, trading or other sort of advice.

Do You Use Cryptocurrency?

• Yes.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • No.

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • I love it.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • I don't trust it.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

polishpatriot

Level 2
Feb 4, 2020

That ain't nothing. All you have to do is mis-key a wallet address and you will lose whatever you sent. There is no way to reverse crypto transactions. There are no consumer protections whatsoever. But hey, this is supposed to be the revolution that takes over the world. Even the crypto experts say cryptos are great for:
  • tax evasion
  • money laundering
  • nation-state circumvention of economic sanctions
  • criminal activity
  • financial warfare

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
There are no consumer protections whatsoever.
With normal banks it does. In my country it even exist something called " Deposit insurance and investor protection ". Only setback is that anything above that amount you can forget about, but personal I rather take that in a heartbeat then with Crypto currencys, nothing.

polishpatriot

Level 2
Feb 4, 2020
With normal banks it does. In my country it even exist something called " Deposit insurance and investor protection ". Only setback is that anything above that amount you can forget about, but personal I rather take that in a heartbeat then with Crypto currencys, nothing.

In US, there is FDIC = Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. However, if you read the fine print it can take up to 99 years to pay you back by law.

With debit card, credit card, PayPal, ApplePay, Western Union, Remitly, bank wire and so on you have consumer protections and in some cases can stop or reverse a transaction. With native, private cryptocurrencies you have no protections whatsoever. If you mis-key the destination wallet address then you lose whatever you sent. There is no way to reverse any crypto transaction. However, there are companies out there trying to solve this problem. And now you have the US and China saying they will make a full cryptocurrency that will work with the current banking system.

Reactions: Nevi and upnorth

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
That ain't nothing. All you have to do is mis-key a wallet address and you will lose whatever you sent. There is no way to reverse crypto transactions. There are no consumer protections whatsoever. But hey, this is supposed to be the revolution that takes over the world. Even the crypto experts say cryptos are great for:
  • tax evasion
  • money laundering
  • nation-state circumvention of economic sanctions
  • criminal activity
  • financial warfare
tax evasion? really? they ( the gov ) always take our tax with the money from our work, from things we buy and etc etc
with dollar, euro and all " real money " there alot more criminal activity than with crypto...

polishpatriot

Level 2
Feb 4, 2020
tax evasion? really? they ( the gov ) always take our tax with the money from our work, from things we buy and etc etc
with dollar, euro and all " real money " there alot more criminal activity than with crypto...

profit made from investing in crypto
lots of people never report the profits
US IRS is looking to aggressively crack-down on crypto tax-evaders

cryptos are even more popular with criminals than cash
cryptos have all the same elements of cash-money, but transactions are a whole lot faster

in america, now instead of smuggling drug sale cash proceeds over the mexican border - the criminals just need to convert it to crypto and send anonymously to a wallet
they use vpn and other means to use crypto exchanges outside of the US where they don't have to register
exchange don't care
exchange makes its commission and could care less who you are
peer-to-peer anonymous transactions

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.