Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Since I think there's no thread for CryptoPrevent 8 Public Beta Testing yet, I'm posting this for more exposure.
To those who want to test this, please do so, so that it will be released as Stable sooner.

As taken from the site:
We’ve re-written CryptoPrevent from the ground up, incorporating new features to bring you the latest protections from crypto-style and other malware in general.

Some of the new features include:
Folder Watch Protection
– this will allow you to monitor and protect folders from items that match malware definitions
Submit malicious files
– this will allow you to submit files that are not yet on our malware definitions for our review to add them to the default definitions
Integration will KillEmAll
– to quickly kill any open non-essential programs
Tray Icon
– to easily change/view CryptoPrevent settings or activate the KillEmAll integration
Please go to the site for more info, the download link, known issues, and other things.

Last edited:

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
New interface and lot's of new feature.
Here are some pictures:

Clipboard01.png Clipboard02.png Clipboard03.png Clipboard04.png Clipboard05.png Clipboard07.png Clipboard08.png Clipboard09.png Clipboard10.png Clipboard11.png Clipboard12.png

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Verified
May 7, 2016
Cryptoprevent is ideal in a corporate environment. It is not of much use in a home environment where one keeps installing software.
Cryptoprevent has an inherent weakness. It assumes that ransomware always installs from temp or appdata folders. That may not always be the case.
Further, if you need to install new software, you need to remove the restrictions.
Instead one may install HitmanPro.Alert for realtime protection.
Also, mainstream AV's have some config settings such as settings in Kaspersky IS. Further in KIS, a new component in System Watcher is meant to remediate ransomware attacks.
You can also configure KIS to block user files from being accessed by new or untrusted software. This trust is typically based on Kaspersky"s Security Network.
Lastly, I have configured Spyshelter Premium to alert me when any application tries to access files and folders set by me as protected in the application. I will be alerted when a new application tries to access any of my personal files and block or allow it.
Only exception is if a malware has injected code into a trusted application.However, this action will be alerted to me by spyshelter premium and KIS.
Also, one may use Virtualization to try out new apps such as Shadow Defender.
Having said all of that, this is my personal opinion.

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Cryptoprevent is ideal in a corporate environment. It is not of much use in a home environment where one keeps installing software.
Cryptoprevent has an inherent weakness. It assumes that ransomware always installs from temp or appdata folders. That may not always be the case.
Further, if you need to install new software, you need to remove the restrictions.
Instead one may install HitmanPro.Alert for realtime protection.
Also, mainstream AV's have some config settings such as settings in Kaspersky IS. Further in KIS, a new component in System Watcher is meant to remediate ransomware attacks.
You can also configure KIS to block user files from being accessed by new or untrusted software. This trust is typically based on Kaspersky"s Security Network.
Lastly, I have configured Spyshelter Premium to alert me when any application tries to access files and folders set by me as protected in the application. I will be alerted when a new application tries to access any of my personal files and block or allow it.
Only exception is if a malware has injected code into a trusted application.However, this action will be alerted to me by spyshelter premium and KIS.
Also, one may use Virtualization to try out new apps such as Shadow Defender.
Having said all of that, this is my personal opinion.
CryptoPrevent is designed for home users.
As long as users stay at the default setting, installation will mostly go fine.
It is with higher protection modes that installation will have problems.

N

Noxx

Nice share. It's packed with all kinds of great features. Reminds me of Windows Repair Toolbox.

- So that I don't get my post removed because I'm great at going off topic, it's nice to see CryptoPrevent making some improvements. I don't think I'm the only one who thinks it's still to some degree inferior to other anti-ransomware products because of outdated tech (unless beta 8 has made massive strides), but for the price of a lifetime license, and the fact that it has a free version, it's not bad at all.

Reactions: Alkajak and XhenEd

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Stable version set on default protection plan had 324 effective software restriction policies, installed new beta version and set on default protection plan now shows 1678 effective software restriction policies.
I disabled CryptoPrevent Email Service don't think I'll need it on free edition email settings are disabled but Email Service startup if you don't disable it.

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
is this software works like really prevent about 99% of the Crypto Viruses or it is just marketing ...

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
is this software works like really prevent about 99% of the Crypto Viruses or it is just marketing ...
In its default mode, it will prevent 99.9% of all its targeted ransomware or malware, but 0% prevention from all malware outside its scope. In other words, it will block all malware that launch on the protected locations, but if malware don't launch on the protected locations, then CryptoPrevent doesn't prevent them from infecting the system.

No, it is not just a marketing strategy. It's actually a practical and effective approach. In other words, it's a very simple approach to prevent a ransomware infection. :D

alccintra

May 16, 2016
Me lost

Using Google transIator Portuguese to English. I need help, I dont know more to do

I see the site on youtube but I see a lot - dont have explanation Portuguese - Brasil
Everybory Youtube in English

I see one video Youtube with the link to here..

Sorry me repeat my message again...

Sorry but I need help to what to have to do... please

People Youtube say help me here but I dont understand the site where to ask need help... please
Using Google transIator Portuguese to English.

I need help, I got DecrCERBER.

I dont understand english. Everything is english.

I lost Job Documents - my clients are go to police because i dont have files of work to give to they anymore.

Now, two polices to my home to give me papers tio see judges - court.

My Dad died last week - cancer decease, I lost all photos and pictures with him and all documents - saying he is dead. I can not say he is dead to the law and confirmation of he is dead today, tomorrow, yesterday, etc.... Is it Virus? I dont know what to do anymore.

I dont know what is it but the name is CERBER. Nobody understand me because I dont know what is it. They just say to delete everything.

I cant delete everything !!! I dont know to expalin this thing on Computer

I am a man 38 years old. But I am very sad (cried too) because I lost all my photos with my Dad. I lost all my clients jobs. The police is saying I am maybe going to jail. My laywer too... I need help PLEASE .

This is my last chance to try to look for my files. I can t find explanations in Portuguese - my native language - to it is virus or not. What can I do????

-------- xxxxxxxxx ---------

looking now to other a lot youtube video to found in portuguese

Thank you Looking to search CERBER in Portuguese in Google...

Thank you to need help please

Thank you if anybody send me answer to do step by step..

Reactions: DJ Panda

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Me lost

Using Google transIator Portuguese to English. I need help, I dont know more to do

I see the site on youtube but I see a lot - dont have explanation Portuguese - Brasil
Everybory Youtube in English

I see one video Youtube with the link to here..

Sorry me repeat my message again...

Sorry but I need help to what to have to do... please

People Youtube say help me here but I dont understand the site where to ask need help... please
Using Google transIator Portuguese to English.

I need help, I got DecrCERBER.

I dont understand english. Everything is english.

I lost Job Documents - my clients are go to police because i dont have files of work to give to they anymore.

Now, two polices to my home to give me papers tio see judges - court.

My Dad died last week - cancer decease, I lost all photos and pictures with him and all documents - saying he is dead. I can not say he is dead to the law and confirmation of he is dead today, tomorrow, yesterday, etc.... Is it Virus? I dont know what to do anymore.

I dont know what is it but the name is CERBER. Nobody understand me because I dont know what is it. They just say to delete everything.

I cant delete everything !!! I dont know to expalin this thing on Computer

I am a man 38 years old. But I am very sad (cried too) because I lost all my photos with my Dad. I lost all my clients jobs. The police is saying I am maybe going to jail. My laywer too... I need help PLEASE .

This is my last chance to try to look for my files. I can t find explanations in Portuguese - my native language - to it is virus or not. What can I do????

-------- xxxxxxxxx ---------

looking now to other a lot youtube video to found in portuguese

Thank you Looking to search CERBER in Portuguese in Google...

Thank you to need help please

Thank you if anybody send me answer to do step by step..
Please go here: Malware Removal Assistance

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Out of curiosity shouldn't people avoiding this product a little for now considering its still in BETA? Seems like a good product but want to be on the safe side. :)

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Beta is v8, but you have stable v7.

alccintra

May 16, 2016
thank for answers...
me translate and try read from english to portuguese on google translator. ok
sorry for any inconvenient.
Thank you once again more ok?

Reactions: Ink

alccintra

May 16, 2016
There is a freeware version but i can't find the direct download link Download UVK Ultra Virus Killer - MajorGeeks

I found site
Download UVK Ultra Virus Killer - MajorGeeks

Me try now to Download install UVK Ultra Virus Killer 7.8.5.0 Read more at: Download UVK Ultra Virus Killer - MajorGeeks
maybe can help... I have to try something as my last chance.
Thank for everybody
Sorry for everthing
Thank you everybody ok?
Thank you from a person from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil...

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
@alccintra
This program can't help your problem.
Your files are Encrypted and lost forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.