• System Utilities: CCleaner, cleanmgr
  • Media Player: VLC
  • Software Updater: PatchMyPC
  • Screenshot Utility: Lightshot
  • Photo Editing: paint.net
  • Office: LibreOffice
  • Text/Source Editor: Notepad++
  • Anti-telementary: DoNotSpy10
  • Camera: Spy-blocking Sticker (over the front)
  • Uninstaller: IObit Uninstaller 6

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider adding an aditional on demand scanner(s) such as Emsisoft Emergency Kit and or Zemana Antimalware.
Consider some type of system backup solution or edit your config to reflect what you are using for system backups.
Thanks for sharing your config :)
Note:Desktop screenshots can be posted here Desktops Show Off!

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
Great config thanks for sharing! :)
I also recommend Zemana AntiMalware and Macrium Reflect for making system images.

Reactions: Parsh

Crypto

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Consider adding an aditional on demand scanner(s) such as Emsisoft Emergency Kit and or Zemana Antimalware.
Consider some type of system backup solution or edit your config to reflect what you are using for system backups.
Thanks for sharing your config :)
Note:Desktop screenshots can be posted here Desktops Show Off!

Alright, thank you! I have taken your suggestion into consideration and decided to choose Emsisoft Emergency Kit. As for system backups, I do not really feel the need to make as I only have certain files and content on my computer that I generally need and I keep that stored on USB Drives. (note: If something was to happen to my system and it needed to be restored, I would either rely on an earlier version that was kept or just reinstall Windows again.)

F

ForgottenSeer 55778

Looks great now. Zemana has better detection than Emsisoft Emergency Kit, however, as it uses many engines (better even than Hitmanpro).

Crypto

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Just got finished with updating a few things and installing/switching some applications. :)

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
Decent security, but can be bypassed. Because your security solution is very basic (which is fine), 0 day malware or and complicated malware will probably have an easy time going through your security. If you're going to use a simple solution, at least add something like hitmanpro alert which is pretty good and easy to use.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Never heard of KeePassXC before. Does it have any features that stand out from the original KeePass?

Crypto

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Never heard of KeePassXC before. Does it have any features that stand out from the original KeePass?

Here is a quote from their page:
KeePassXC is a community fork of KeePassX which aims to incorporate stalled pull requests, features, and bug fixes that have never made it into the main KeePassX repository.

You can check it out by going here: KeePassXC Password Manager :)

Reactions: Oxygen

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Fine choice of simple components. I'm not sure about zero day attacks...crystal security has a a cloud..but how good?

Reactions: Crypto

Crypto

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Fine choice of simple components. I'm not sure about zero day attacks...crystal security has a a cloud..but how good?

It has a generally good cloud system. I'm not exactly protecting against 0days although it is kept in mind. This is a simple, fast, but yet secure setup. Don't need anything to heavy. :)

Reactions: amico81 and Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Crystal security has it's own cloud + heuristic.
I'd used this one for a month and I can say the cloud is decent. It did detect some programs that appear to be risky and some possibly malicious ones (though 1 or 2 weren't, and those were FPs, but it apparently has good algo and anyways cloud should be considered as an indicator only).
Besides, the flexibility of choosing the level of system monitoring, the Multi-engine feedback and blacklisting (a mild alternative to VDS) is what I would recommend it for.

Last edited:
Reactions: amico81

Crypto

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
I have added AppCheck Anti-Ransomware, SpywareBlaster, and Simple DNSCrypt to my security configuration. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.