App Review Crystal Security 3.5 Review (MAXCyberDefence)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Can you show it on picture/screenshots please.
upload_2016-1-10_22-50-2.png

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Kardo Kristal I think Crystal Security does really well if you configure it right. In this test it looked like MAXCyberDefence didn't know how to use the program properly.

@Andrew999 Thanks for the information about video review of Crystal Security. :)

I think it is a quite good review because it gives overall review of settings, user interface and prevention.

It detected and blocked most of the malware which is good. :)

I noticed that there was a crash during the review. I'll try to send a message to MAXCyberDefence to get the log file.

Notes:
  • He mentioned that you can't see detection details (publisher) but he forgot to click on Details button.
  • Comodo File Intelligence is not integrated in 3.5 version.
Really a solid companion anti virus. My current configuration is Avast Free + Crystal Security + Private Firewall. I may add Malwarebytes Anti Exploit later if possible.

@kuttan Thanks for the feedback! It is great to hear that you are using Crystal Security. :)
It does exceedingly well in many of the malware sample tests. I've had it for months, and I've never turned back since.

@NOLF92 Thank you! :)
changing the detection ratio to a lower setting

@Andrew999 Yes. It is possible to improve detection of zero-day malware by changing detection ratio but it may also increase false positive detection.

Regards,
Kardo

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
@Andrew999 Thanks for the information about video review of Crystal Security. :)

I think it is a quite good review because it gives overall review of settings, user interface and prevention.

It detected and blocked most of the malware which is good. :)

I noticed that there was a crash during the review. I'll try to send a message to MAXCyberDefence to get the log file.

Regards,
Kardo
I replied to his video and this is what I said "if you want details on what the Collective Cloud detected click on details beside block. I know the developer on MalwareTips he is awesome. You can show him bugs and if you need help he is a good help. Also Crystal Security also only has 1 developer. Also Crystal Security only detects stuff in real time if you click Analyse with Crystal Security it doesn't detect it if you disable the real time protection."

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
If I would like to test this program should the test be on default settings or not?

@Av Gurus Default settings should be okay. :)

If you want to increase zero-day detection then I suggest to change Criteria ratio to lower:

Settings => Protection => Criteria

After changes click on Apply button too.

Regards,
Kardo

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
After installation do I have to do Quick scan or is it automatic?
Why CS is not startup at Win boot?
Do I have to restart PC after installation?

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
After installation do I have to do Quick scan or is it automatic?

@Av Gurus
If you know that your PC is clean then there is no need for Quick scan. :)

Checkup is not automatic by default but you can schedule Quick or Advanced checkup under Settings.
Why CS is not startup at Win boot?

Good question. :) Maybe I'll change default setting in the future.
Do I have to restart PC after installation?

No.

Regards,
Kardo

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Why didn't MAXCyberDefence turn SmartScreen off, and he should've ran a full scan before he started to whitelist all safe files...

Reactions: Andrew999

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.