shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Avast is a good choice. It's light. It's free. It's effective. You can decline all the bloatware at installation, or remove it later.

Not a good idea to try out a lot of different AVs on your system, unless you restore from a system image in between each trial. Otherwise, the remnants left behind by the various AVs might cause issues.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I would not recommend using voodooshield and cfw together , too much overlap and overkill if you ask me. qihoo and cfw do not play nice together on my experience. just stick with cis and zemana and eek for ondemand scans periodicly and your fine. thanks for sharing your config.

inuyasha

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2017
Avast is a good choice. It's light. It's free. It's effective. You can decline all the bloatware at installation, or remove it later.

Not a good idea to try out a lot of different AVs on your system, unless you restore from a system image in between each trial. Otherwise, the remnants left behind by the various AVs might cause issues.

What if you use revo?

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
revo can clean out a lot of stuff left behind.....but NOT all of it. even if you do a deep scan. you will need each companies removal tool , plus autoruns ( for checking leftover drivers that might still be running ) and voidtools search everything to search for leftover prefetch files and folders and stuff.

ctrlz

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2017
I tried Avast, but the fan noise was louder than normal.
Also, startup and general speed were slow, nothing shocking but enough to feel it as an annoyance (as Avira).

Maybe I'm too demanding, the CIS antivirus does not slow down the system at all so I think I will continue to use it.
Thank you anyway for the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.