Cyber Prot Antiransom

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
I saw this product today on softpedia: Cyber Prot

According to the review, it should be able to protect you from ransomware and it looks out for suspicious activity. It is not a free product.

Has anyone ever heard of this software?
Tpsc Has tested vs ransom... but too bad to make a vid on it :p

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
Just downloaded. The installer is not signed, got an alert at the very beginning from the browser that the publisher cannot be verified. I got some alerts/notifications from the product in the task bar after running some ransomware, looks like it monitors file extensions, so might be useless for ransomware that replaces the file's content. The action list is somehow questionable... It does not stop the actual encryption, at the most it can shut down the computer or logs you off. There is no UI for the alerts it generates, only the task bar notification pop-ups.
For monitoring, might be ok...

Andrei Vajea

Level 1
Mar 19, 2017
Hi guys
I am the lead programmer of Cyber Prot.
Thanks for your interest.
As Amelith Nargothrond pointed, it's just a monitoring tool for the moment, that can do actions in case of positive detection. Depends on the selected actions, it can actually save your files.
We are now developing a new scan engine based on a file system drive that will detect changes before physically happen on the disk, so it will be a really good tool against ransomware. Now it depends on .NET's filesystemwatcher, so it's asynchronous and can't detect the event before it happens, and due to FSW limitations can't detect the process that's doing the renaming/creation.
We tried to keep it as cheap as possible, but now the license server and new the development is a killer :) We started a indiegogo project but isn't going very well. If you want to help our efforts, please share our campaign if you like.
If you have other questions I'll be happy to answare.

Thanks

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Hi guys
I am the lead programmer of Cyber Prot.
Thanks for your interest.
As Amelith Nargothrond pointed, it's just a monitoring tool for the moment, that can do actions in case of positive detection. Depends on the selected actions, it can actually save your files.
We are now developing a new scan engine based on a file system drive that will detect changes before physically happen on the disk, so it will be a really good tool against ransomware. Now it depends on .NET's filesystemwatcher, so it's asynchronous and can't detect the event before it happens, and due to FSW limitations can't detect the process that's doing the renaming/creation.
We tried to keep it as cheap as possible, but now the license server and new the development is a killer :) We started a indiegogo project but isn't going very well. If you want to help our efforts, please share our campaign if you like.
If you have other questions I'll be happy to answare.

Thanks
Hey Should iT work with Avira And zemana? And Zonealarm firewall pro ?

Reactions: Mr.NoName

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.