Cain

Level 4
Verified
Dec 19, 2013
why am I only learning of the existence of Cyberfox right now ?? :eek:

Y

yigido

Thread author
Are they that lazy not to add it? I mean they can make another version of the browser and list it as a download.... and not forcing the new UI to people who don't want to use it.
I do not know. You can ask your questions to dev here

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Are they that lazy not to add it? I mean they can make another version of the browser and list it as a download.... and not forcing the new UI to people who don't want to use it.
Cyberfox took a vote about Australis in their forums about 81% of the users voted no to adding it.
The developer didn't like it either since it doesn't support full themes, looks too much like Chrome, requires too much manual tweaking to get the main features back and limited the developers ability to add full x64-bit support.

The new Cyberfox includes its own profile separate from Firefox, so you can now have both installed without issues. You just need to copy your profile with the tool provided at their website.

I love Cyberfox, I been playing around with it for awhile now it is my default browser since I didn't like Australis,

Enjoy!!

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Cyberfox took a vote about Australis in their forums about 81% of the users voted no to adding it.
The developer didn't like it either since it doesn't support full themes, looks too much like Chrome, requires too much manual tweaking to get the main features back and limited the developers ability to add full x64-bit support.

The new Cyberfox includes its own profile separate from Firefox, so you can now have both installed without issues. You just need to copy your profile with the tool provided at their website.

I love Cyberfox, I been playing around with it for awhile now it is my default browser since I didn't like Australis,

Enjoy!!
What tool are you talking about?

Y

yigido

Thread author
does Cyberfox v28 has the new FF29 sync feature?
This is not based on FF29. This release just a security patched release. IMO when the Cyberfox 29 is out, it will has the Sync feature in it.

Edit:
The developers words after my question:

- New Sync feature will be in the Cyberfox 29
question.gif

+ Yes the new about:accounts (Firefox Accounts) will be in cyberfox 29

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Littlebits
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.