CyberLink PowerDirector or Lightworks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
I have a doubt between these two,which gives a better and more professional video editing ?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Lightworks has a steeper learning curve, but a free version is available. 32-bit and 64-bit are both available for download, with 32-bit having more functionality. Check the documentations for more information.

Try each one and then find out which works better for you.

PowerDirector has an app for Android and can be purchased part of a bundled deal. (Windows + Android)

You can create professional looking videos without spending $100s, if you know how to "edit videos".

M

MalwareT

Thread author
Yes, i know how to "edit" videos. I got it from giveaway,i checked out on Lightworks website,too much limited.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For me Cyberlink Powerdirector came to be easy to use by beginners and explore more by enthusiastic video editors.

A little expensive though but very good for a lifetime.

Reactions: MalwareT

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Out of curiosity, and considering you didn't explain why: What doubts do you have between PowerDirectory and Lightworks, how are they "too limited" for your professional requirements?

Yes, i know how to "edit" videos. I got it from giveaway,i checked out on Lightworks website,too much limited.

If you can, then you can use professional video editing software such as Sony Vegas Pro and Lightworks, or Adobe Premiere Pro. None are free for the full versions, but are top of their class for "Professional Video Editing". If you have access to a Mac computer, try iMovie or the higher end version Final Cut Pro.

To resolve this, try multiple editors (free trial) and find which one best suites you.

Even Windows Movie Maker may make a difference, but here are some other options,
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/professional-video-editing-software-guide,4004.html

M

MalwareT

Thread author
I mostly do video scaling,multicam,color and temperature enchancements,and audio mixing / editing. I obtained free key from CyberLink,installed it and i'm happy. 1440p is max quality,for 4K need money.

S

SkyJP

Thread author
I think Cyberlink's products lack sophisticated features but are incredibly easy to learn and use effectively.

I'm not sure whether they are professional video editing programs, but unless you are doing serious commercial level editing, Powerdirector and Premiere Elements work fine.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Its really a personal preference, because there are programs that can be used by novice and experts, and other that can be used only by experts. I saw people that are using Shotcut like its Premiere Pro + After Effects. Good video editing program is that one that allows you to do one thing in more than 2 ways :)
I think that Sony Vegas Pro, Cyberlink PowerDirector or CorelVideo Studio Pro are enough for regular needs + some really cool stuff like slow motion effects, multicam, spectrum tools and others. Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and even Lightworks are for the pros. Batman and Mission Impossible are edited in Lightworks :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
After Effects is considered as Video Composition so its a totally good experience to combine with your current video editor program you have.

I've tried with Cyberlink Powerdirector and seems a totally good combination on a simple videos I've made. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.