cybersearch.xyz

Infected operating system
macOS Catalina ver10.5.7
Infected device issues
something called cybersearch.xyz is on my mac redirecting my chrome's new tab page to a suspiciously looking search engine. I've removed all malwares found by anti-malware softwares, I've removed the suspicious profile from setting, and I've restarted both chrome and my mac, but it's still there.
I've also tried using Terminal to change the seeting (instructions from internet), but when it comes to delete some default setting like search engine provider, it sends back "Domain (com.google.Chrome) not found". (what's more wierd is that sometimes it could work for like one or two times, then it keeps saying "domain not found". I think is might be because of the malware on my mac)
on my chrome, it is saying that an extension is controlling the setting, setting my default search engine to cyber search, and I can't remove it.
another thread on google support【https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/80605725?hl=en】is also on this problem, and no one have come up with a way to solve it.
NEED HELP!

AlexWang

Thread author
Nov 9, 2020
something called cybersearch.xyz is on my mac, redirecting my chrome's new tab page to a suspiciously looking search engine. I've removed all suspicious things, removed profiles from setting and restarted a few times, but it's still there.
NEED HELP!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 22.53.25.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 22.53.25.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 402

AlexWang

Thread author
Nov 9, 2020
I've tried reinstall chrome, and the malware is gone.
BUT now I can't search in adress bar, and my new tab page change from pic#1 (before reinstalling) to pic#2 (after reinstalling)
anyone with simmilar problems? is it a bug or something? any solution?

Adware / Browser Hijacker.

Did you remove 'LiveInfoUpdates'?

Did you use Malwarebytes for Mac?
I use clean my mac X, (btw where is LiveInfoUpdates? I can't remember if I've found or deleted such things)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 21.24.06.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 21.24.06.png
    228.2 KB · Views: 382
  • Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 21.38.01.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 21.38.01.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 394

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.