New Update CyDec Platform Anti Fingerprinting

[correlate]

Level 18
Thread author
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
This extension is designed to spoof and obfuscate information that can be used to uniquely fingerprint your browser. While not as precise as cookies, browser fingerprinting is a powerful method to track your movements across the web and can be used to build a profile of your activity. This CyDec Platform extension stops that by giving you a unique fingerprint on every web request beyond just changing the user-agent string. This is just a small piece of the CyDec Platform.

The full Cyber Deception Platform is a collection of easy-to-use deception capabilities designed to protect your system and your privacy. The CyDec Platform provides spoofing across all levels of network communications from MAC address all the way to browser operations through an installable agent and these browser extensions.

When this extension is used in conjunction with the CyDec Platform Windows service, additional options are available to finely tune your system fingerprint.

More information can be found at CyDec Platform.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
It's reliable as it provides programs that work well you can trial .
I'll be glad to hear your rating.
Sorry having trouble to understand your answer as English is not my first language.

Are you telling me that the extension does not work without the service, but this service can be downloaded and trailed for free?

[correlate]

Level 18
Thread author
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
Sorry having trouble to understand your answer as English is not my first language.

Are you telling me that the extension does not work without the service, but this service can be downloaded and trailed for free?
Try and use the CyDec Platform Anti Fingerprint and there is also a program that you can install on the computer

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I have been testing this out and the extension works without the app, you can set it to use use random fingerprint profiles, and testing it with Panopticlick it will give you a different fingerprint profile per tab you have open.

I am trialing the app, the app lets you create and implement your own custom fingerprint profiles it also enables the "Alerts" feature of the extension but have yet to get an alert.

I really like it so far and will probably keep both it is a pretty powerful combo and the app is a one time purchase for $15.

Edit: there is one anomaly with using the random profiles and that is when you open a tab do searches your results may not be in English since the current profile has you located in a different country.

Last edited:

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I tested this more over the weekend and this extension + app is a pretty powerful and sophisticated tool, I can create a fingerprint profile and assign them to specific browsers or use random profiles and tweak them to a particular website domain via switches for example:
MalwareTips.jpg

I was able to fix the search anomaly I mentioned with the searches showing up in different languages by switching off the languages and Geo-location for the search engine domain, in my case Duckduckgo.

This extension will break some sites but you can turn off the domain settings completely in the extension for those sites if needed.
So far I have been able to tweak site settings like I did with Duckduckgo so spoofing is still enabled on problem sites I frequent except for one, witch is PlutoTV a free TV streaming site, spoofing had to be turned off completely before it would load so there are some you can't fool unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Update:
After using it a while and seeing how it can mess up websites even crash the browser I was able to tweak it for normal daily browsing for sites I frequent by turning off CSS, User-Agent, Screen, Media, Geolocation and language in the global settings to get sites to display properly with the correct language.

Brave is my preferred browser and you can use this extension in a private tab but not tab with Tor, at least not yet but from what I have read enabling extensions in the Tor tab is something they are working on, if so a VPN + this fingerprint randomizer (with everything turned on) in a private tab with tor might be a good combo.

I the alert detection's and you get a lot of them, this is just after about a half hour of normal browsing some are legitimate inquiries needed so the site knows how to display itself for you for example, others are not and I was surprised how much data was accessed, knowing much of what they got is spoofed by the extension is nice.

CyDect.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
FYI there is a new update for the software: CyDec Platform

New Version 1.2020.293.1530

------
You can now use the online profile builder at CyDec Anti-Fp Login. Use the email you used when buying a license key to login. Please report any bugs you find as it is a new feature.

-ADDED: SpeechSynthesis spoofing.
-ADDED: Ability to toggle status of anti-anti-fingerprinting.
-ADDED: getClientRects blocking.
-ADDED: Ability to set multiple values for memory, threads and touchpoints.
-ADDED: Three built-in profiles to limit site breakage for new users.
-ADDED: More built-in user-agents.
-ADDED: Force sync button to refresh profiles.
-UPDATED: Public fingerprints with latest options.
-UPDATED: Changed random plugin generator output.
-UPDATED: Options page for better domain management.
-FIXED: Other minor bugs.

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
@Kubla

Thx has this 'privacy' oriented extension also an option to delete the list of visited websites automatically?
No, it just spoofs your browsers fingerprint , there are other extensions that do that but the best way I found and use is just sand boxing my browsers with sandboxie so each time I close them all that information is automatically removed along with cookies and any other data accumulated that session.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
No, it just spoofs your browsers fingerprint , there are other extensions that do that but the best way I found and use is just sand boxing my browsers with sandboxie so each time I close them all that information is automatically removed along with cookies and any other data accumulated that session.
:) No i mean the list of visited websites within Cydec extension itself, not the visited websites list of the browser.

p.s. your last name does not happen to be Kahn by any chance :)

Last edited:

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Update:
After using it a while and seeing how it can mess up websites even crash the browser I was able to tweak it for normal daily browsing for sites I frequent by turning off CSS, User-Agent, Screen, Media, Geolocation and language in the global settings to get sites to display properly with the correct language.
Wow new version has much better user interface. (y)(y)(y)

How to use for maximum protection and maximum compatibility with free home license

1608475683554.png

1608478292727.png

1608475961461.png

Last edited:

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
New update available:

v1.2021.108.121 (18 APR 2021)

-ADDED (ALL): FLoC blocking.
-ADDED (ALL): WebRTC set or spoof IP addresses.
-ADDED (EXT): Exposed WebRTC IP overrides.
-ADDED (ALL): macOS Catalina to font spoofing list.
-UPDATED (EXT): License validation behavior.
-FIXED (APP): Language not sticking for certain values.
-FIXED (EXT): Other minor issues.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.