CypherZero's Light & Fast Security Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

CypherZero

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2017
EmsiSoft AV - lightweight, fast, effective - has blocked multiple threats.

HitmanPro + HitmanPro Alert - fast on demand scanner plus real-time protection. Like this combo.

VoodooShield - easy to use. Love it!

Layered security that is very easy on system resources - my PC remains lightning fast. No conflicts. Any thoughts, feel free to share. ;)

Last edited:

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
Light on system resources, lightning fast and efficient. If you have any recommendations to improve it (without slowing things down or conflicting), please let me know. ;)
With the exception of HerdProtect (although it is great, I just don't use it), this is by far my favourite setup, and I will be running this again once I have enough for an EIS license. EIS + VS + HMPA covers all grounds.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Welcome CypherZero,
Nice config, I would dump HerdProtect as it is not needed with a solid config like that,
HitmanPro's scanner will serve you very well;)
*Schedule HMP scan for once a day, and schedule EmsiSoft to scan once
a week or month depending on your habbits, and you have a very good
"set it & forget it" config.
Remember to enable "Direct Disc Access" in EmsiSoft scan settings
Nice choice for Back Up's too, very impressed :)

Last edited:

CypherZero

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2017
Quite right. My mistake, I am running EIS firewall (not Window's Firewall). Thanks.

Good setup!

Why Windows firewall?
EIS will automatically turn off Windows firewall during installation.

Hey _CyberGhosT_, thanks for the tip about enabling "Direct Disc Access" on EmsiSoft! I missed that setting, so I made the change tonight and set-up an automatic scan with it checked. (looks like "custom scans" are the only place you can enable it).

As for "Herd Protect" ... yeah, probably so. I use it as a "3rd opinion" on-demand scanner. It's so fast and nicely designed, I've sort of grown attached to it.

Welcome CypherZero,
Nice config, I would dump HerdProtect as it is not needed with a solid config like that,
HitmanPro's scanner will serve you very well;)
*Schedule HMP scan for once a day, and schedule EmsiSoft to scan once
a week or month depending on your habbits, and you have a very good
"set it & forget it" config.
Remember to enable "Direct Disc Access" in EmsiSoft scan settings
Nice choice for Back Up's too, very impressed :)

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hey _CyberGhosT_, thanks for the tip about enabling "Direct Disc Access" on EmsiSoft! I missed that setting, so I made the change tonight and set-up an automatic scan with it checked. (looks like "custom scans" are the only place you can enable it).

As for "Herd Protect" ... yeah, probably so. I use it as a "3rd opinion" on-demand scanner. It's so fast and nicely designed, I've sort of grown attached to it.
That's cool, glad I could be of assistance, and remember our feedback here is only our opinions offered, take
them as you must. What matters is your happy and using what works for you. Enjoy M.T. it grows on you ;)

Reactions: CypherZero

OTMS

Level 1
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
Nice setup :)
Clean and fast,i like it..

I will only add more scanners like malwarebytes/adwcleaner/RogueKillerX64
& HTTPS Everywhere for chrome.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I will only add more scanners like malwarebytes/adwcleaner/RogueKillerX64 & HTTPS Everywhere for chrome.
Don't need additional scanners if your PC is NOT infected and AdwCleaner was good before Malwarebytes bought them. How many scanners do you need to justify that your PC is running in good shape?

CypherZero

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2017
Hmm ... I have been thinking about adding "HTTPS Everywhere for Chrome" - I have plenty of free RAM - but hadn't come to a decision. What do you think? Any consensus here on that particular plug-in?

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
Don't need additional scanners if your PC is NOT infected and AdwCleaner was good before Malwarebytes bought them. How many scanners do you need to justify that your PC is running in good shape?
Wholeheartedly agree. On-demand scanners don't increase your protection. Too many cookie cutter copy-pasta suggestions nowadays. Not enough analysis on the user's actual setup. Just spaghetti everywhere. And it is not good.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Wholeheartedly agree. On-demand scanners don't increase your protection. Too many cookie cutter copy-pasta suggestions nowadays. Not enough analysis on the user's actual setup. Just spaghetti everywhere. And it is not good.
Totally agree with you on this one, with his config, HMP would be plenty.
He could set it to scan once a day and be done with it. That would keep it
"Light" as he seems to be aiming for. ;)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
My suggestion is to add CCleaner for cleaning out some of the temp files and if Click&Clean missed any browser files. Also for any files you are unsure of try scanning them with VirusTotal's website or application. :)

OTMS

Level 1
Verified
Jan 29, 2015

That's true,you right..
but i can tell you from experience from friend pc,he had pup that emsisoft+malwrebytes premium both cant delete..
and only adwcleaner & trojanremover64 helped him against this one.
if your pc NOT infected,you don't really need them..but it's always good to have them for trouble time & also not bad at all..as most of this scanners are portable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.