Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
With DAEMON Tools you can back up your physical CD/DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray discs into "virtual discs" or so called "disc image" files, which run directly on your hard drive. You can also work with images created by other burning programs! DAEMON Tools supports variety of image types. Use CD/DVD image converter to have one format images in your Image Catalog!

1. Emulate virtual CD/DVD-ROM/HD DVD and Blu-ray drives

DAEMON Tools Lite [Commercial] enables you to emulate up to 4 CD/DVD virtual drives on your PC. Virtual drives will appear in your OS just like real ones. Select a virtual drive then choose a disc image you want to mount. Find the created virtual drive with mounted disc image in My Computer. Start working! Looks like working with a real drive and a real disc, doesn't it? Yes, but it is much faster!

2. Create a disc image

With DAEMON Tools Lite [Commercial] you can create ISO and MDS image files from original discs inserted in physical CD/DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray drives. Or use images you have created earlier with other program. DAEMON Tools products work with variety of image types.

Key features:

• Creates *.iso and *.mds images;
  • Emulates up to 4 virtual CD/DVD drives;
  • Performs image mounting and unmounting;
  • Supports *.b5t, *.b6t, *.bwt, *.ccd, *.cdi, *.cue, *.nrg, *.pdi, *.isz;
  • Offers powerful command line interface.

Change Log - Link

What's new:

• SPTD 1.80 (support of Windows 8).
  • Redesigned installation wizard.
  • Catalan language added to the list of supported languages.

Bugs fixed:

• Sidebar Gadget: automount issue.
  • Minor bugs.

1954__Demon_tools_1.png

Download link.

DiabloBlack

Nov 5, 2011
I have used DAEMON Tools in the past (Windows XP) and had shell integration issues and crashes on shut down. I also remembering I had a heck of a time removing it once. I switched to Virtual CloneDrive by SlySoft and have never looked back. It does exactly what I need it to do and is very light (916k) on my machine.

I know software changes and improves (hopefully) and DAEMON Tools may be awesome now, but I can be so stubborn sometimes. Then again if it ain't broke don't fix it fits me as well :)

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
That's another good piece of software. I currently use that as well, but never tried this. As like you said since Virtual CloneDrive works why need to change :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.