Not open for further replies.

Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Dark Reader is a popular browser extension for Google Chrome which its developer, Alexander Shutov, released for Mozilla Firefox recently.

The basic idea of the extension is to turn any website design to a dark theme design for better readability especially at night when too bright sites become harder to look at.

Dark themes are quite popular and users who want to use them on sites have multiple options. Common options include installing extensions or userstyles for the purpose.

Dark Reader is an open source extension that is available for Chrome and now also for Firefox.

Dark Reader
dark-reader.png

Source: Dark Reader dark theme extension for Firefox - gHacks Tech News

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just tried the Chrome extension. It's better than Dark Mode. It works well with a mouse on my work laptop

On my home tablet the Chrome extension causes scrolling slow down when touch scroll the screen in Chrome and Ungoogled Chromium.

On another home tablet the FF extension works fine with no slowdown when touch scrolling

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
After trying out a few dark extensions I find Dark Reader is still the best for FF on my tablet. On some sites you'll need to use 'Static' mode for the sites to work properly. Too bad it won't work properly on my FF smartphone. I'll give a try later when I get my new Android Pie smartphone.

They're, however, a no-go for Chrome and Ungoogled Chromium on my tablet

Issues include slow down, slow refresh, script issue etc

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.